Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Frame and IE7 - Please help

Hi everyone,

I would like if somebody can show me how to configure IE7 to display the Inline Frame.

Thanks in advance.
    The Producer

Re: Inline Frame and IE7 - Please help

go to your menu in browser to "Help" >"About Internet Explorer" and check your version. also under on the "Advanced" Tab through Tools>Internet Options...

make sure the box is checked for: Automatically check for Internet Explorer Updates

A few days ago I noticed this wasn't checked on mine, found out that when I went from the beta to the sp2 version, a few of my settings kinda gave up on me.
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
      go to your menu in browser to "Help" >"About Internet Explorer" and check your version. also under on the "Advanced" Tab through Tools>Internet Options...

make sure the box is checked for: Automatically check for Internet Explorer Updates

A few days ago I noticed this wasn't checked on mine, found out that when I went from the beta to the sp2 version, a few of my settings kinda gave up on me.
      I did that already Robert, and I updated it, and did all that stuff.

But still have the same prob.
      The Producer

Comment

That's okay, I'm in the same boat again. Check your browser addon's... the ones listed as Downloaded ActiveX controls (32bit)

Right-click and see if any of the dependant files are damaged...go to microsoft's download site for possible fixes.
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

I'm sure you already have a fix for this but just in case someone is looking for an answer (like I was today) here are two websites that can explain and fix your problem.

http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx
          http://www.ie-vista.com/sites.html

This fixed my problem RIGHT AWAY!!! The first one initiates changes to your registry and is a more permanent fix. The second link is more of a temporary fix from microsoft and requires you to open a separate browser to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, as i found out today, IE 7 does not support Inline Frames. It has to do with the site you are attempting to view. Some site will not recogize the IE7 version of Internet Explorer and thus the reason for the error message. The above fixes make your IE7 version appear like the IE6 version to the website you are trying to view. Well, good luck!

Comment

Actually, I found that in my case, there was a problem with java plug-in and flash plugin was damaged which turns out that it wasn't iframes that were stalling IE but flash content in an iframe....strange,

Other than that, I have no problems with my IE7, but then again, It always seems to be configured oh so sweetly. I'm about to finally start putting together a funky i-frames setup I've been working on. I let ya know the results.

Thanks for posting the links, I take a looksee.
            Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Alright guys, it has nothing to do actually with my IE7, I needed to fix something on my system, actually I was testing some softwares and I mucked up with my system.

My problem is solved, there is no complications between I-Frame in BV and IE7.

Thanks anyway.
              The Producer

Comment

Could you please be more specific since I've got the excact same problem. I simply get a error message saying, that my browser arent configured to display inline frames which is
                A) quite wrong!
                B) A bit weird since its only certain sites with iframes giving me this errormessage.

I've surfed the web endlessly to find a solution - any tips?

I've made 2 different sites f.i - both using same setup reg. iframes - site A is surfable with no problems what so ever - site B is giving me the error message (but only in banner frame ?????)

I simply use this in - lets just say the index.htm file for the sake of simplicity.

<iframe name="banner2" width="585" height="109" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="0" src="banner.htm">
                Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</iframe>
                I've actually tried moving the site from 1 folder to another on same server (e.g - www.blahh.cz/site1 => www.blahh.cz/site1new ) which worked in some days but now I have same problem once again ..

Tried all above..... help, plz !

Comment

Please post the URL of the problematic page so we can see if it is an issue on your side (IE7) or BV's.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.jonesogjones.dk ... its not a problem with the site... its worked before - it works everywere else but here :(

But remember - it has worked, and its only the top banner's frame that doesn't show here... so weird.

And for the record; the guys asked me to optimize it for 1280x1024 ;o)

EDIT: Wrong page.... this one actually works .... try www.bloodcode.dk/4444 instead

Comment

I've noticed that sometimes this issue arrises becasuse the information in the i-frame is from a different domain.

check you securtiy settings in Internet Explorer...reset to default is what i would try first.
                      Robert
                      www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
                        I've noticed that sometimes this issue arrises becasuse the information in the i-frame is from a different domain.

check you securtiy settings in Internet Explorer...reset to default is what i would try first.
                        No different.

Comment

>>> Heads up: You may wish to check/uncheck a box on your Windows Automatic Update!!!

Already started, IE6 is being "converted" to IE7 via the auto-update feature everyone has set long ago and forgotten all about.

With sooooo many problems persistent with IE7 (members not being able to log onto VodaTalk, inline frames, certain media file recognition, etc.), I have personally been able to stop conversion ONLY by being sure the Windows Update now notify/describe all the updates individually rather than auto-install........

It's always your choice, but not if you don't have the opportunity to at least see what is going on!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X