Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hey guys!

Ok, so I just purchased a BlueVoda annual hosting package.

And I also purchased a domain name which is, www.thehillywoodshow.com.

This might sound weak minded, but my pages that I made with BlueVoda are all set to be published and hit the web, but after I purchased all of this, I don't know what my next step is to do to get this website on the internet?

I need it up by Dec. 1st. So, help?

Thanks!

Re: Help!

Hi,

It is easy, just go to File>Publish in BV.
    Go through the tutorials to find out more.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Hi there,
      Have you had any luck with publishing them yet?
      Like EricPSF has said, go to File/ Publish. It will ask you for a username and password which you would have recieved on an email from vodahost when you signed up.

If you still need more help, feel free to ask.

Regards
      Teri

Comment

Hi Jack Sparrow

Remember your first page (the main page) of your site, needs to be named index, saved as index and published as index. By the default this will be the landing page when you type in your domain name. All other pages can be named the name of your choice, using all small letters and no spaces, saved and published the same and will be found and linked from your main page called index as this following example shows http://www.yourdomainname.com/nameofpage.html just to let you know, blue voda automatically adds the .html to your page after it is published.

Examples again

Name - index, save and publish as index find as http://www.thehillwoodshow.com

2nd and further pages

save as a name of your liking, and publish as the same name, all small letters again and retrieve and link from your main page (index) as

http://www.thehillwoodshow.com/name.html

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for that you guys.

But, whenever I go to publish my page, it gives me an error and tells me my password is wrong, and I've tried all the usernames and passwords BV and cPanel gave me, but it still doesn't work. I keep trying, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

Maybe put in a support ticket? Have you made sure you didnt have the caps lock on or anything?
            Regards
            Teri

Comment

No, I have not been typing in caps.

Here's the actual error it is giving me when I click publish.

THE REQUEST TO CONNECT AND LOG ONTO THE FTP SERVER COULD NOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE THE SUPPLIED PASSWORD IS INCORRECT.

I don't know what else to do...that's why I came here to the board for help.

Comment

Make sure you are publishing to the correct IP address, if you are still having
                issues, please submit a support ticket with the below information.

1)Your Master Domain Name
                2)Your Full Name
                3)Cpanel Username
                4)Cpanel Password
                5)What IP Address Are You Trying To Publish To

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for that!

I finally got it working, what I had to do was download the newer version of BV.

But now I have another problem. Ick right?

Well, here it is, I'm tring to publish a page with a video on it, and everytime I click publish and it starts to do it, but then the program doesn't respond, and I have to force quit it everytime.

Any advice?

Comment

How big is the video? Might want to upload the video first via FTP Manger and then try to publish page.

And sometimes, connections don't go through for short while. If they are doing maintenance or something or if peak internet times. Often I have simply quit for a short while and returned and all is ok.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok, it worked and I'm happy!

But, once I posted the video on the internet, my Windows computer could see the video fine, but my MAC only heard the sound, and didn't see a video.

The video I uploaded is a Quicktime mov. Can you explain to me why it's not working, or what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow
                        Ok, it worked and I'm happy!

But, once I posted the video on the internet, my Windows computer could see the video fine, but my MAC only heard the sound, and didn't see a video.

The video I uploaded is a Quicktime mov. Can you explain to me why it's not working, or what I'm doing wrong?
                        You may need to convert the .mov to .wmv ... In internet explorer I have no problem with .mov but with firefox I do ... if you can convert, it will make things better for you, and I feel they also load quicker as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, can you guys do me a favor?

I'm in a jam. I just opened up my website last night for my show's episode premier. Now, I'm getting complaints that when they go to view the video, all they get is audio and no video. The movie format is in mov.

Could you guys try the page out, and tell me if your getting the same problem? And if you are, how may I fix it?

Comment

I am viewing in IE6 ... both videos work with audio and video for me ... Episode two takes much longer to load .... I believe people using firefox for their browsers may have difficulty viewing qt .mov formats, I am not sure, but have found this problem myself .... the best is if you can convert these over to .wmv format, I believe everyone can then view them .... looks as though you are having fun!!

Users will also have to have qt installed on their computer to view these in this format.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hey, glad it's working for you!

That clears things up a bit.

But, to convert the Mov. to WMV do you know of any programs? I have Quicktime Pro to convert, but for some reason when I do it only converts about the first 30 seconds of it and no more....hmmm....

Comment

Working...
                              X