This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• activeX shows up & I dont have activeX

How come when i go to my site i get an activeX popup when i don't even have anything on my site that is activeX and my site shouldn't even launch that popup?
    www.naghosthunters.com
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: activeX shows up & I dont have activeX

The active x does not show up for me when I view your page, check your internet explorer settings, perhaps you have recently taken an update and need to reset some things in there ...... (In preview the active x shows up for me on pages that I merely have a script for the date, but only in the preview mode (my own computer) ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The activeX popup is caused by windows security updates, it will only show on computers that have done the update download from Microsoft. best to check how these updates are download on to your computer. and make it so windows ask's you first, if you wish to get rid of the popup your will have to do a system restore to a safe date before this started.

Comment

I am thinking he won't have to do a system restore to rid the pop up, if you just go to tools, internet options, security, custom level, active x controls and plug ins, and tick disable for prompting .... this will rid the alert ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
          I am thinking he won't have to do a system restore to rid the pop up, if you just go to tools, internet options, security, custom level, active x controls and plug ins, and tick disable for prompting .... this will rid the alert ....
          This dosn't aways work, i've had mine turned off for 6 months now and still get them on certain sites. and have a back log of security updates waiting to be checked. be for i let them update.

Comment

HMM :) well tried both ways lady's and yours and same thing activeX control popup oh well my son was on myspace and i figured thats how he got it on there now its on my pc only way to rid this blasted popup is to reformat. long as others can view my site without the popup is cool by me. just gonna change me name to popup pop. :)
            thanks
            all
            "Jim"

Comment

ok i figured it out somehow on my end the wind wav somehow was activated as an activex on my pc so i removed the wind wav no more activex popup thanks all.
              "Jim"

Comment

Working...
              X