Meta Tag & Keyword Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Tag & Keyword Help

I put several keywords in as meta tags, as well as a page description for most of my pages. I have found two problems, first and foremost I get no results when searching for my domain name, and no results for my site when searching for the keywords. The second problem is that the tutoirial showed there being a keyword generator, which I can not find in my version of Blue Voda, which just has me wondering if the tutorial was for an older version.

You will find it here,
    tools > keyword digger

How long has your website be up? You say you get no results when searching for your domain name, but how long has it been, it isn't instant. It can take many weeks if not months or sometimes it can take just days, you just never know!

Also did you submit your website to the major search engines?
    Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
    www.aromaskincare.co.uk
    www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

1)Has your website been submitted to the search engines?
      2)Please make sure you are using the latest version of BlueVoda

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK, that answers that. The tutorial lead me to believe the Keyword digger was a link right on the box for adding keywords and meta tags. I didn't even look under tools, my bad.

The site has been up for less than a week, so if this normally take a while, OK, I wasn't sure aboput how fast these things happen.

I did not submit the site to the search engines. How is this done? I definately want to do this.

Comment

If you open a support ticket to Vh you get one free submition, can take upto 60 days for your site to show
          www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
          BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
          Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Re: Meta Tag & Keyword Help

Hi,

I have posted the keyword digger for about a week and I also do not see the result. Now I understand have to wait.

How do I check if my website is submitted to the major search engine? I have forgotten. I hosted with vodahost.

www.tdisdiseasia.com

Alex

Comment

put in your exact url in the search box with any search engine - and if they have you listed, they have found you.

Do NOT expect to be found by your keywords quickly - and do NOT use keywords in the meta that are not on the page - the se's will be picking up the words on the page.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Do we need to put meta key words in each page?
                Belinda B.
                BB Destination Express

Comment

Yes - titles, descriptions and keywords that are specific to each page should be done.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                    put in your exact url in the search box with any search engine - and if they have you listed, they have found you.

Do NOT expect to be found by your keywords quickly - and do NOT use keywords in the meta that are not on the page - the se's will be picking up the words on the page.
                    Hi,

I have published more than 2 weeks ago with VH. However when I check with yahoo search with my URL, it is not listed yet.

How can I confirm that it had being submitted to the main search engine. If not, how do I submit it again?

Thanks in advance
                    Alex

Comment

www.tdisdiseasia.com found in Google and Yahoo.
                      If you are looking for it to come up in the first 10 searches, that is going to take a long time. tehre are over 6 million sites listed in Google for Scuba Asia and more than 12 million for dive Asia.

By the way, try to correct the Active X control. It can turn users away.
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Also - after you've been found, there is no need to ever submit again - in fact, the se's don't like that. Now, as Bill stated, it can take a LONG time to have them find you by the keywords you want to be found by - AND you need to make sure that you've used those keywords on your pages and in anchor text linking back to you, if you want the se's to like you.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                          www.tdisdiseasia.com found in Google and Yahoo.
                          If you are looking for it to come up in the first 10 searches, that is going to take a long time. tehre are over 6 million sites listed in Google for Scuba Asia and more than 12 million for dive Asia.

By the way, try to correct the Active X control. It can turn users away.
                          Hi,
                          I tried searching for tdisdiseasia and www.tdisdiseasia.com in both yahoo and google and no joy. what is wrong?

Also what do you mean by the active x control? I did not use it. Can give more clue?

cheers
                          Alex

Comment

Check this post by Jeremy http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...ghlight=active

This is what appears in Google:
                            "If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: www.tdisdiseasia.com"

Add yourself in MSN. They provide an option.
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I'm not showing that Google has found you yet. I did not check yahoo. However, they will find you as time passes. Or, if you haven't done one submit yet, you might want to.

The active x control is popping up here also - I suggest you find out what's causing it. Do you have something with sound - or a movie? I got a black box on the page when I didn't activate active x or update something else - so that might be doing it.
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X