Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secure areas for each professionals and members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure areas for each professionals and members?

I'm ready to get a SSL certificate for our site http://www.idea-league.org but before I do I need to address some questions. The idea is to create to seperate secure areas for our members and medical professionals. These will be Joomla sites with SMF forum intergration. My questions are;
    1. Do I need to place the whole Joomla section under a SSL certificate or just a sign-in area (my Joomla pages will only allow members to view the forum and other areas)?
    2. Can I do both areas (members and professionals) under one SSL certificate?
    3. Will our whole site then be under the dedicated IP address?
    4. Can I put an area already construted under a SSL cert or do I need to rebuild it?
    5. Lastly, if we have a dedicated IP address, will this address pose problems from publishing pages from BV?
    Sorry about asking so many questions at once and thanks for the help

Paul

Re: Secure areas for each professionals and members?

I should also let you know that I want the sign-in to happen on the Jooomla sections because I'm using the Communiity Builder component and this allows new members to submit a registration to us for our approval and full intergration for all of the other components. Thanks

Comment

You do not really need a ssl for a Joomla site or a forum, a dedicated IP is good enough. We do not have a SSL for our forum, I can't think of a single forum that does use a SSL.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. OK, I just want to make sure I understand you correctly. This forum will be used by families to share information about children with a severe medical condition, Dravet syndrome. Right now we have a Yahoo group site and we want to use this to replace it. On that site we use a https sign in to prevent unwanted people from gaining entrance. These children are very vulnerable and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep this info secure and confidental. So by having a dedicated IP address, are the passwords and other database files secure from theft? Thanks again.

Paul

Comment

If you want this level of security for your forum, where only people with pre-designated permission levels can view certain sections of your forum, I suggest you check out a forum script called vBulletin, it is the exact same script we use and it is the most advanced and feature rich forum script on the market, but it is not free (worth every penny)...Click the below to learn more...

http://www.vbulletin.com.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X