Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Browser !!

Hi All,

This will seem like a really stupid question to most of you, but am having a complete brain failure.

I have been playing with oscommerse and happily using the BlueFTP manager to change php files, images, etc. Am now at the state of uploading a new template (which I have) and have got to do it using the browser. My problem is, I just can't find where it is. I've seen it used on lots of the BV video tutorials but for some reason I have a complete block on this one. I tried loading the template with the ftp manager, but that way doesn't work.

This isn't a strickly an oscommerse question as its just really about accessing the browser, hense why posted on this General thread.

Completely stuck so your help would be brilliant.

Thanks,

Rob

www.saulfarm.com
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Re: Finding Browser !!

I am following these instructions:

"Your archive manager will create an "OSC" folder inside your unpacked root directory. You should rename it using "shop" as the new name. Then copy it to the root catalogue of your web server."

What i seem to be having problems with is finding the "root catalogue of the web server"

What i keep coming back to is the left hand side of the FTP manager but I'm sure this isn't right.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

I am taking a stab at this, would that be your public_html folder, can you open that and see if the osc folder is in there? I believe the public_html is the root directory ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I can get to the the public_html through BlueVoda Tools/FTP Manager/Connect in order to access and change php files, images etc. This isn't the area I need to be at to upload a osc template. The area I need to be is showed on the following video tutorial:

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/osc...ithomepage.htm

It is where you have the public_html on the right and over both sides is a browser.

Regards,

Rob
        www.saulfarm.com
        www.pumfrett.com
        www.dampguard.com
        www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

This is the same post I put on the osc forum as it describes where I am at the moment:

"Hi,

Have changed name of the osc file to shop. then using FTP_Manager moved it to the public_html side.

Now I next typed in http://www.saulsaddlery.com/store/shop/install/ and just get "page not found error message.

www.saulsaddlery.com/store is where osc is loaded.

Thanks for the help so far, I feel I may just be missing something at the end ! "

you may be able to gather what it is I have or haven't done and what I must do to complete the template installation.

Thanks Lady Eye

Rob
          www.saulfarm.com
          www.pumfrett.com
          www.dampguard.com
          www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

here's why:

http://www.saulsaddlery.com/store/shop/install/ --at then end, leave off the"/" , it should be .../store/shop/install.php
            Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com
            Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
            X