phpbb2 installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb2 installing

ok went to fantastico clicked on phpbb2 filled in as the tutorial showed wich is rather easy i might add but the problem is is the site is still new and still under a temp addy http://75.126.10.6/~xeztbsfm/ how do i get from installing phpbb2 to actually getting it on the site.. i have gone through the forums looking for answers and either they are staring me in the face and im not seeing it or they are really good at hiding.

Re: phpbb2 installing

the only question i had was on the Install was where it says install in directory .. ( yes ive watched the tutorial many many times ) do i have to put anything in that slot or not. ive gone over and over it but cant seem to come up with the answer =)

Comment

Originally posted by Aroria
      the only question i had was on the Install was where it says install in directory .. ( yes ive watched the tutorial many many times ) do i have to put anything in that slot or not. ive gone over and over it but cant seem to come up with the answer =)
      if You don't have to put anything in there. your forum will have a folder on your server named phpBB2 . not a problem unless you want more than one forum. if you do put a name in that box which will identify the different forum such as Forum1 or testforum or anything you want.

Comment

okie dokie just need to figure how to get it to show up on the site now then =)

Comment

okie dokie just need to figure how to get it to show up on the site now then =)
          Just put a text / image / or Button link on your pages. ie: http://www.yourwebsite.com/forum

Comment

thing is we have the temp site wich i linked in my original post .. it says its installed but we get nada

Comment

thing is we have the temp site wich i linked in my original post .. it says its installed but we get nada
              Did you choose a directory name during installation? If so, temp url's and all that aside, you'll find your forum at yoursite.com/forum (or whatever you named the directory). OR, go into your Cpanel, click File Manager > public_html and then find the directory (if you named one) and open it or just scroll down through the files until you see index.php.

Depends on your setup, but the result is the same.

Comment

ok well we can find the url that way but it still comes up with nothing ..dont know if we are missing something or set it up wrong but it still comes up to a page telling us its not there. Now question is is it because the domain name isnt totally in effect since we still have a temp addy ?

Comment

ok well we can find the url that way but it still comes up with nothing ..dont know if we are missing something or set it up wrong but it still comes up to a page telling us its not there. Now question is is it because the domain name isnt totally in effect since we still have a temp addy ?
                  Your domain should be fully active by now. What is your domain name and what did you name the directory into which you installed your forum?

Comment

Working...
                  X