• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on domain

I have added an add on domain.

www.121wholesale.com

when I type in the address it goes to:

http://194.154.164.90/?domain=121wholesale.com

but when I type in http://121wholesale.com I see the site as I should.

What needs to be changed ?

Thanks,

Rob
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Re: Add on domain

When i type www.121wholesale.com i see the folder list, as it should be. Just publish an "index" page and it will be ok.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

How do I do I publish and index page
      www.saulfarm.com
      www.pumfrett.com
      www.dampguard.com
      www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

the site I am publishing to is an add-on domain. How do I publish an "index" page to it without writing over the index page on my main site. If I just publish a blank page I imagine it will just do this.

Thanks

Rob
        www.saulfarm.com
        www.pumfrett.com
        www.dampguard.com
        www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Hi Rob

You would publish this to public_html/121wholesale ..... you should have on your computer, a folder, which you put all your .bvp files into separately from your main domain .... and then you save your main page for this add on domain (121wholesale) in there and you have to manually type 121wholesale after public_html for publishing this index page for this domain .... (you have to change it everytime you publish from one domain to the next)

public_html for your main domain
          public_html/121wholesale for your add on domain

Something you have to remember or you will overwrite your index page from one to another, but you will always have your .bvp file in the separate folder if you made a mistake to re-publish if you did .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ladyeye,

I don't quite follow.

I've saved a new blank index page to a folder on my desk top. I cant figure how to move it onto the FTP manager without writing over the index page of the main domain. Feel that renaming the folder which holds it 121wholesale isn't going to do the trick.

Sorry to be a nuisance,

Rob
            www.saulfarm.com
            www.pumfrett.com
            www.dampguard.com
            www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              Hi Ladyeye,

I don't quite follow.

I've saved a new blank index page to a folder on my desk top. I cant figure how to move it onto the FTP manager without writing over the index page of the main domain. Feel that renaming the folder which holds it 121wholesale isn't going to do the trick.

Sorry to be a nuisance,

Rob
              Hi Rob

Here is how I do it. I don't save my .bvp files on my desktop as I have a busy enough desktop as it is. I save all my files in My Documents. In My Documents, I have a folder for each of my domains (currently 4). Those folders are all named by their individual domain name. So for now we are going to call them domain1, domain2, domain3, domain4 ....

Domain 1 is my main domain ... I make my first page for this domain and call it index, I save it as index in folder domain 1 in my documents, I publish as index to public_html

Domain 2 is an add on domain .... I make my first page for this domain and call it index, I save it as index in folder domain 2, in my documents, I publish as index to public_html/domain2

For you, your add on domain is 121wholesale or the equivalent of my domain 2. So you save it in domain 2's folder and publish it in domain 2's folder. You will find 121wholesale as a folder (directory) within your public_html ... it is really a sub-folder, if I may call it that) within your public_html directory.

Now when I publish a page, I publish it within my blue voda web builder, doing it all right from there, I do not use ftp. So when I am done finishing building the page, I go to file, save as, and publish ... this is where the pop up will come up and your ip address will show and you will see public_html in the second line and this is where you type the rest of the directory ... in your case you would add the following /121wholesale

Now if you are putting this page up via your ftp manager, then you would have to open the public_html directory and find that folder 121wholesale and then place the index page in there .....

But I think to publish pages, you should be using the publish within your blue voda web builder.

Does this make any more sense to you?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X