Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building pages that query other pages

Hi,

I have built an Excel workbook that will have a web query which I want to link to a page on my website.

The webpage will display a bunch of figures and when excel queries it, those figures should appear in Excel.

So my first problem is how to build a webpage that will allow that. I suspect it will involve forms.

My second problem is that I want that same webpage to 'import' data from another website every 24 hours or more. It should serve the same function as a web query within Excel - except here it will be online.

Is it possible to create such a page and, if so, where can I find information to show me how?

Thanks,

Dom

Re: Building pages that query other pages

First thing that comes to mind is OLE. Object Linking and Embedding

You can use your Excel's Help file to learn more about that. Basically, it is linked to the original file and the program that created it. If you make changes to your document on your computer, changes will be made to the one on the webpage when it's sync is scheduled to run.

There are also many sites, like in finance, stock brokers and trade markets that offer all kinds of free tools, programs and links to resources on how to keep information up to date in real-time and also practical solutions for document handling.
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
    X