Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my pages are too wide!

Hi everyone!

I'm really daft so expect some dumb questions from me as I embark upon my first ever website! Pleas be patient with me as I love Bluevoda and what it can do!

Anyway I am creating my first page from one of the BV available template sets and when I publish it, I have to use the bottom horozontal scroll bar to see the whole page. When I create a new page I see that it is 800 wide automatically. Do I need to "fix" the page width automatically. Incidentally the template automatically made the page wider than 800 when I uploaded it.

I know I've failed miserably at the first hurdle but I am sure someone can save me !!

cordialement,

Paul.
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Help my pages are too wide!

Hi ... no dumb questions here ... only dumb answers ... lol :)

Be certain to push your template to the very left of the page when inserting, you really need to push it, lol, or at least that is what I found ...

set your page properties, by right clicking on the page anywhere, to '800 width and be certain to tick center in browser ... use a colour for the background ... this will center your page, will get rid of the sideways scrolling for everyone and those viewing in a larger resolution will have your pretty background color on the sides of their viewing space ...

hope this helps

p.s.
    the length of your page is not as important and sounds as though you will be following the template along ....

be sure to check and lock your pages before you publish them

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Ladyeye - That was very helpful and it has worked a treat on my page - Maybe I'm not as dumb as I look ? !

Paul.
      www.punchardrenovation.com
      www.direct2view.com
      client ID 10225

Comment

Originally posted by PaulP
        Thank you Ladyeye - That was very helpful and it has worked a treat on my page - Maybe I'm not as dumb as I look ? !

Paul.
        You are welcome Paul ........ but we can't see you to decide if you are not as dumb as you look, lol .......... post your picture and we'll take a vote ...

just joking and I am laughing too!!

Have fun!! Glad that helped!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X