Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what?

I have not worked on my site in a while so tonight I thought I would make a few improvments but to my horror when I went to the website builder nothing was there! No original pages.No practice pages. Nothing.

Now what do I do?
    How do I modify my existing pages that I already have published?

Re: Now what?

Hi, log onto your site via c panel or ftp & copy/download then back to your machine.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen G.
      I have not worked on my site in a while so tonight I thought I would make a few improvments but to my horror when I went to the website builder nothing was there! No original pages.No practice pages. Nothing.

Now what do I do?
      How do I modify my existing pages that I already have published?

Firstly do a search on your computer for .bvp files .... these would be the files that you made for each of your pages ... if what you are saying is true and you do not find your files on your computer you can retrieve them from the internet ....

If you do not have the blue voda webbuilder, download the latest version available in my signature below ...

You then go into the blue voda web builder, go to file, and open a new page from existing html page ... you will type in the addy and this will open it, you may have to replace some images and a bit more modification, but if you have lost your files and everything, this is what you will need to do ....

Good Luck, hope you do not have a 200 page site to do this with ... eeks ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
        Hi, log onto your site via c panel or ftp & copy/download then back to your machine.

Good luck.

That sounds even better Chris ... good one!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Your site is still there, you may have to import it as Holly suggests and tweak a few items.

Good luck
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Web pages do not just Vanish from your computer, either you deleted
            them or they still exist, when you first installed BlueVoda, it created a
            folder in your My Documents called BlueVoda.

All your work is stored in this folder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Vodahost sir I checked the Vodahost folder and other folders and I can't find any of the pages I had saved and or working on. I don't no what happened.

Collectors-info I hate to ask but can you tell me how to do what you reccomended?

Thanks everybody

Comment

Stephen......there is no folder called "Vodahost".....please go to your "My Documents" and find the folder called "Blue Voda" (your default folder).

If you enter this folder, you should see all of the pages, folders (including images you used/published)...everything that was automatically stored by Blue Voda when you both "Saved" your pages, and "Published" them.

If you start Blue Voda back up again, and then click on "Open Exisitng Page" you should be able to find them easily...... **PROVIDING YOU SAVED THEM AT LEAST ONCE IN BLUE VODA **

If you can't find them....then you will have to get them off the server and re-populate your Blue Voda File with whatever you have already published.
                Using Blue Voda, open a blank or new page, then click on "Tools" on the top BV Browser bar....click on the FTP option, and then "Connect" -- it will prompt you for the same info you use to publish -- and after connecting, you will clearly see your public_html/ directory contents (your primary domain name directory).
                One at a time, click once in the right hand pane on the items you need to copy back to your HD, and then when highlighted, at top, click on "Copy To"........now, you will need to click once on the small un-named folder icon to expand it (and continue to do so) until you locate your Blue Voda folder (which will be found under My Documents). Click once on your BV Folder, and complete the "Copy To" processing until you have re-populated your folder accordingly.

Disconnect your FTP tool, and shut down BV itself. Restart BV, and when it asks for type of document, you should now be able to open a new copy of your "lost" page......

>> Remember to immediately "Save Page As" prior to your need to "rePublish" each page, which will re-save it to both your working BV tool + Blue Voda folder and your server. If you need to re-do any page, redo it after closing and re-opening the page first....then re-Publish a second time.

Good Luck!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X