Order Form and Paypal Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Form and Paypal Help Please

I have my website done except for my order form page and really need some help.

I will use an example to try to explain what the problem is.

Lets say I want to sell plates. But I dont want to sell just any old plates. My plates come in 4 different sizes, 4 different designs and all different colors.

So I made an order form that had all the customers info and drop down boxes to make all the different selections but then I went to paypal and what I figured out was that paypal would want to assign a different "buy me" button to each of the different selections. So if you do the math that is:

4 different sizes x 4 different designs x 8 different colors.

That is way to many buttons.

So I changed my form and made a table that would look like this:

Design 1
    Small - $5.00
    Medium - $10.00
    Large - $15.00
    Extra Large - $20.00

Problem with this format is now there is no color choice. I went back to paypal and found that they have a selection to pick up to 10 colors but that would mean customers would be picking a color after they check out and I think my customers should be able to pick their color before purchasing a plate.

Like I said my website is done except for this order form and I hate to hire a pro just to do 1 page for me, so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

When you are selling products and trying to put different things in like like sizes and colours it's really a lot of work to do it all yourself. You also have the question of, will the page be secure (padlock in browser) If not people may not buy from you. You need a little help from a package imho.

Have a look at www.romancart.co.uk it supports paypal and you can either have single pages or a shop solution. For more products we use http://www.ashop.com.au/ for one of our websites ( see example www.nutritionzone.co.uk ) ... this package is great, only £39 a month includes hosting etc and it registers with Google really quickly.

Just depends how far you want to go. If it's just a few products I would use romancart (I think they do a free version)

Hope this helps

Paul
    Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
    www.aromaskincare.co.uk
    www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

not sure if this will help you, but have you looked at the shopping cart systems in Fantastico?
      www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
      BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
      Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Re: Order Form and Paypal Help Please

Try using soho, has a wonderful shopping cart, it allowed me to add anything I wanted. Even made a form and for my product form is long. When order is placed, form and order from paypal will come. I love it. To see an example go to my website, click on view item. Pretend your buying and you will see a form I made using the soho program. www.toysandbooks.net
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X