picture page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture page

My website is medical and has before and after pages. I simply lengthened the pages and inserted the pictures for these particular pages. However, now the pages are almost impossible to work on because of the 'lag time' associated with making adjustments and the long delay. Any ideas on how to better arrange the pictures, or put them in a scroll down, etc.

Re: picture page

If you post the url of your page we will be able to help understand the problem better.

Without seeing your page I wonder if your pictures are too big - try using pixresizer to reduce them, and then they will load faster.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

jmjones-
      I agree that the pictures must be large which is causing the lag. Take a look at this tutorial which gives the basics of picture display along with the size's displays and downloads for picture re-sizing programs.
      http://netisopen.com/computer/PICT001/PT001.html

Then, take alook at this new tutorial. If you are familiar with I-Frames, you will appreciate this one. Basically- this would allow you to have the before and after pictures side by side with an explanation above or below them. Then click one button and move on to the next pictures and
      explanations.
      http://netisopen.com/computer/IFT004...e_display.html

*note- the tutorial shows only one picture but explains how to do more.

Cheers,
      Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

thanks for the answers so far!

I have Adobe Photoshop, will resizing in that program work. Also, the URL is drjustinjones.com. Thanks in advance. warning, pictures are medical in nature.

Comment

BTW, I deleted all the pictures from the page and it still edited very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by jmjones83
            BTW, I deleted all the pictures from the page and it still edited very slowly.

Your site is loading very quickly for me .... on some of the pages that there are pictures there, you do have alot of pictures on one page, however, you can have that, you just need to reduce their size ...

here is a good online image optimizer that will allow you to upload a picture and then choose the best quality with the least kbs ....

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php

each photo if possible, should only be around 15 kbs or so .... or the best that you can reduce it to still have quality ....

Another option for you on this page with many photo is to use the gallery feature ... this will give a thumbnail on that page for each photo and then when clicking on the thumbnail you will get the larger image ... I think this may be your best option .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I know it was an extremely long delay, but a lot of stuff came up and I haven't had the time to address this until now. The page loads just fine on the internet. It is how long it takes to edit the page in the website builder program that is the problem. When I move the cursor or click on something, etc. there is a very long delay. It is so long that is makes it virtually impossible for me to insert something into the middle of the page (where I need to insert more pictures).

Comment

Your site loaded just fine.
                That could depend on your connection, page blockers, anti-virus programs, type of computer and memory (RAM too), etc.
                Start by clearing cache, cookies and history.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Again, the problem is not with how the site performs online. The problem is editing this page in the website builder program. It has an extremely long delay when I perform functions, which makes it very difficult to edit. I believe this is because the page is so long. I'm looking for good alternatives or some sort of solution. As is currently, I cannot edit this page anymore and I need to add more pics.

Thanks in advance

Comment

The problem seems to be your computer. How much memory do you have ? when was the last time you defragmented?
                    Did you try downloading BV again? your files will be ok.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I'll try that. I have 1 GB of RAM, which should be enough. Everything else runs quickly on my computer though. Haven't defragmented in a little while, so I'll do that also.

Comment

Working...
                      X