Website analasys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website analasys

Does anyone know of a good program (preferably free) that does an analysis on websites, such as checking to see if keywords are valid, enough, too much etc etc and that does a report on a site such as reporting any broken links, popularity of pages etc etc?

Any help would be appreciated
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Website analasys

Hello Marincky this one is great Free program..
    http://www.webceo.com

Regards,

Zlatko
    www.mercataworld.com
    www.marradonconstructions.com
    www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

Cheers for that, much appreciated
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I use Site Report Card. But I do NOT believe there is any program that can tell you your keywords - they simply pull out the words you have used and how often. If you try to call those your keywords, you are doing yourself a big disservice.

There is no program out there that takes the place of old-fashioned research to find what you need to for your website. These programs simply analyze code, spelling, etc - They do not replace the need for a warm body to do the necessary work.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers, thank you but I think you may have misunderstood me. I always construct my own keywords, titles etc. I never rely on these things to tell ME what to put! Just wanted something to analyze a site. Not my site either as I feel confident enough that my optimization on my sites are top notch!! I sometimes get asked by others to do reports on their sites and I use tools like this to help me that's all.

I made this site only last week http://www.randjweddingphotography.co.uk and submitted to Google Only TWO days ago. Already got page 1 ranking on Google for many search terms. Can't believe it, especially the way Google have been lately!!

Comment

Actually, what you did at the bottom of the home page is spam the se's. That will temporarily help you, but hurt in the long run. I suggest you rethink that.

You did it in little letters that are not meant for customers but are only meant for the se's and in a way that is spammy. If it was for your customers, it would be in type they could read - and wouldn't be listed as you did - but instead might say something like

Wedding Photographers serving: ace, ddd, fed, etc listing towns.

Believe me - doing what you did is exactly why the se's have so many people working constantly to change the algorhthyms. The want good relevant content for the PEOPLE searching - not to see content used to trick them.

You also have the exact same meta description on the 2 pages I looked at - which is also not good - as I don't believe the two pages have the same content.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              Actually, what you did at the bottom of the home page is spam the se's. That will temporarily help you, but hurt in the long run. I suggest you rethink that.

You did it in little letters that are not meant for customers but are only meant for the se's and in a way that is spammy. If it was for your customers, it would be in type they could read - and wouldn't be listed as you did - but instead might say something like

Wedding Photographers serving: ace, ddd, fed, etc listing towns.

Believe me - doing what you did is exactly why the se's have so many people working constantly to change the algorhthyms. The want good relevant content for the PEOPLE searching - not to see content used to trick them.

You also have the exact same meta description on the 2 pages I looked at - which is also not good - as I don't believe the two pages have the same content.
              Hi again,

I HAVE got the text readable to the viewer, haven't I? I can see it anyway, should it be bigger? Trouble is, especially with Google, it is now moreorless impossible to get good rankings without resorting to such measures. I used to get page one rankings with all my sites without any of this but this just does not work anymore!! Google obviously want us all on Adwords and therefore make it increasingly hard for any of us to get page one results anymore. I must spend over 12 hours every day 7 days a week linking, submitting, etc etc etc etc all to no avail!! How much work do these guys want us to put in without having heart failiure?

All tips welcome : - )

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
                Hi again,

I HAVE got the text readable to the viewer, haven't I? I can see it anyway, should it be bigger? Trouble is, especially with Google, it is now moreorless impossible to get good rankings without resorting to such measures. I used to get page one rankings with all my sites without any of this but this just does not work anymore!! Google obviously want us all on Adwords and therefore make it increasingly hard for any of us to get page one results anymore. I must spend over 12 hours every day 7 days a week linking, submitting, etc etc etc etc all to no avail!! How much work do these guys want us to put in without having heart failiure?

All tips welcome : - )
                Using techniques like that, as I said, will only work temporarily and in the long run, Google will not list you because of them. Yep, it might take awhile - but they do not like it. It takes time to get good rankings and the reason is because of people using tactics like this. That's also one of the reasons that Google has the aging delay. You are much better off using proper techniques and NOT trying to do things that are JUST for the SE's - when I give people tags to use - that is proper coding on websites - and the se's like proper coding.

Again, I suggested a method to write it that would be better - but, doing it just for the se's - might help you in the short term - but you'll be sorry in the long run - and I consider it VERY poor SEO. If I see an SEO company using or recommending those tactics, I recommened people not use them. That is how link farms happened, and how hidden text happened - now it's just putting 1/2 a page of text in small words just for the se's. Believe me - they find it and eventually discredit it.

When you say it's useless to do anything without "resorting to such measures" - in my mind you are admitting that it's purely a tactic for the se's. Sorry, but to me, that's simply the wrong and bad way to do it.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Actually, the algorythms the SE are using now, doesnt matter if its hidden or not. SPAM is SPAM, you will get caught. While you listed KEYWORDS, they arent relelvant to whats on your page, nor do they link to anything, or make sense. If I paid you for SEO, and you did this, youd be getting a lawsuit when I got blacklisted.

I suggest you do some research on this kind of black hat. Its your site. You can do whatever you want. But I can see the headline of the post thats coming "Well it finally Happened" I got blacklisted!

Maybe even sooner than you think

Web Tip: Looking for pictures? Try Google Images

Your search - http://www.randjweddingphotography.co.uk/ - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
                  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
                  • Try different keywords.
                  • Try more general keywords.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
                    Actually, the algorythms the SE are using now, doesnt matter if its hidden or not. SPAM is SPAM, you will get caught. While you listed KEYWORDS, they arent relelvant to whats on your page, nor do they link to anything, or make sense. If I paid you for SEO, and you did this, youd be getting a lawsuit when I got blacklisted.

I suggest you do some research on this kind of black hat. Its your site. You can do whatever you want. But I can see the headline of the post thats coming "Well it finally Happened" I got blacklisted!

Maybe even sooner than you think

Karen
                    I have to agree with you on this one.
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                    X