banner font not big enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banner font not big enough

Hello!! I looked for an answer to my question in the forum, however, I don't understand the " words as images" thing. I did most of my fancy fonts as banners ( 2 per page) which I understand the SE won't pick them up?... or is that true for only images? Well I need to learn how to make the fancy fonts larger for the index page. The banner's font is not large enough. Thanks! www.loveitshop.com

Re: banner font not big enough

I'm guessing you made your banners using a photo program and are saving them as jpg? If so they ARE images. And you can use any font and font size you want.

Now, if you are using a feature and putting the fonts on them - and using a fancy font - the se's will pick it up but many people will not be able to read that font on their computer because only a very small amount of fonts are all web friendly.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I actually used the banner icon in BV. I am doing this b/c I noticed the fonts weren't showing up on some computers. How would I make one outside in my photo software? I want to make sure I can use the same font as I did in BV.

Comment

Those fonts won't be showing on those computers then.

You would need to know how to make headers, etc in a photo program. If you don't know how, or have the correct software, you might have to ask if someone can do it for you - whether free or you have to pay - that's up to who is willing to do it.

Just remember, the more text with your keywords that you put into images, the harder you make it for se's - and the less your site will rate. There is a reason why the big sites use mainly friendly fonts and don't do the fancy pages. Of course, for specific headers, etc - then it can work.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

There are a few place on line that you can create banners for free yourself for placement on your website ...

Here is a link for a free banner maker click here

As with any image on your site, remember to alt text the image ... (you do this by double clicking your image, a pop up will come up and you can type your information in there)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Still confused on how to do it... it seems there should be a very easy way to figure it out, if I wanted a regular font maybe! I am using alba matter and alba super and want my index page to match my other pages. I am using them only for the headers, but that is the biggest part... Ah! Any other advice?

Comment

It looks like you're wanting to use it for the links to the pages - which you'd really be better off changing to web friendly and doing links that will be seen by se's. The places that I see you using it will really hurt your site if you use images to do so - or use an unfriendly font for your visitors. The type I'm looking at is also way too big for where you're placing it (in some instances).

You can easily make a header to be used on all pages using that font- but important keywords and links really shouldn't be in images.

That said - have you tried making your header using cooltext.com? You can certainly use that font there.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I know I put the links, on the index, in the special font. I am not going to change them to format all computers. Is it ok to keep them in the special font so at least most people can see them how I want? Do banner words get noticed w/ the SE? I took your advice and changed the font smaller on the index... any other suggestions?!! Thank you!

Comment

Why do you think most people will see them? I know of a company with over 3500 employees - each with a computer on their desk - none of which will be able to see those.

And you may not like hearing this, but I think you simply are partial to that font. I don't think using it on the page looks nearly as nice as you think it does - that font is a playful font - and I find it hard to read on your top box on the Packages and fess page.

While you are at it - you are miss-using your meta keywords - not giving yourself proper page titles and you need to re-write your descriptions - all of this is vital for the se's.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

That font looks real cute, however, i collect fonts and I can see it. ALOT of visitors wont ever see that font. You need to make it an image using photo shop or paint shop pro, etc etc.

You also need prices on your products, and some descriptive text of exactly what you are selling. Also, your home page doesnt tell me enough that I would go any further, and you cinch it with no prices and a submit my info to you button. Shoppers tend to want instant gratification, thats why they shop online.

You should listen to what folks have told you. Dont change it and you will be here posting "Gee, how come Im not making any sales?" "How come I have no visitors?" "Why do they leave on the home page?"

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I agree with these ladies and they do know best ... and Beth offered you a link that you could make a banner using that font that you want ... did you notice that at all?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you all... I have been taking every suggestion I have recieved, but it takes forever to fix everything (I guess I am slow). But I am so glad you are! I obviously need the help, and am grateful for it. I thought I could put a border on the forms, but that doesn't work...you can't fill them out! So I am fixing that as well. I really appreciate you guys helping me, I need it!

Comment

Working...
                        X