Old versions of one's site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old versions of one's site...

How does one get rid of old html extensions? For example, on my site, http://www.weatherwest.com/current_weather is the current version that I want visitors to view. However, on MSN search, the following is the 1st result: http://www.weatherwest.com/current_weather.html . The latter is an old version of the site (obviously). How can I delete individual extensions (the second one)? Thanks!

Re: Old versions of one's site...

Login and delete them via your file manager in your control panel. Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Changing page names can HURT you with se's - as they have indexed the previous page and given it importance in their searches. A new page will have to start from scratch and will NOT remove the old page from the results the se's put up for possibly MONTHS and I've seen it take years. (especially with Google). What will happen is people will get a redirect when clicking on those pages.

You are always better off keeping the exact same page name when changing a page that is already being found and brought up in se's during searches. Adding pages and content is good - changing pages can happen - but don't change the url to a page if it's not necessary and the old url is already indexed and being returned in searches.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
        X