[Need Help]--> Anti Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Need Help]--> Anti Theft

I have been browsing the forum quietly for a few days and have learned some very usefull information. I am currently about halfway through a 1200+ page web site build and plan to register domain in about a week or so.

With the meticulous work involved I am now concerned with theft of page layout. What can I do to block or prevent this from happening? I am still a couple weeks away from completion and about a month away from going completely live but if there is somthing I need to implement now while in the page building / cloning process I sorta need to know now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As for providing a link to site, its not yet registered with BV. I will post a link once the necessary copyrights etc have been granted and the promotional adds have been placed in various magazines.

Thank You,
    ~{{Banished}}~

Re: [Need Help]--> Anti Theft

There are some "no right click" scripts available out there, however, like everyone says, anything you put on the internet people are able to take. Some will find ways around the right click, etc.

The best you can do would be to watermark your images and put a disclaimer on your website saying that it is copyrighted, and for your most important things, follow through legally with the copyright ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
      There are some "no right click" scripts available out there, however, like everyone says, anything you put on the internet people are able to take. Some will find ways around the right click, etc.

The best you can do would be to watermark your images and put a disclaimer on your website saying that it is copyrighted, and for your most important things, follow through legally with the copyright ....
      Thank You Very Much. Excellent ideas both. I am more concerned with the layout of my page. For example I found that it was quite easy to import someone elses page into BV thereby effectively "stealing" there hard work. Of course I used my own layout hence the secrecy, but I know its possible for someone to steal mine. Considering todays web **** serfers, page layout is 90% of your success and if your layout IS what you are providing that is different from all your competition, would be nice to protect it.

Comment

I totally agree with you ... so it is worthwhile to protect your investment ... your site is going to be really quite spectacular I think ... We will all be anxious to see it when you finish. You have definitely chosen the best web hosting available on the internet with a site this size. Welcome and good luck with finishing!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
          I totally agree with you ... so it is worthwhile to protect your investment ... your site is going to be really quite spectacular I think ... We will all be anxious to see it when you finish. You have definitely chosen the best web hosting available on the internet with a site this size. Welcome and good luck with finishing!
          Thank You for the Welcome. The site really wont be of any great size, average page size is 10-15KB. There are just allot of them. Once the site domain is registered with BV I will create an account on this forum related to my site. Until then I will brouse and post under this alias. I think everyone that stares at the BV builder for any length of time convinces themself that there site is spectacular. I wont even begin to presume mine is even close, but, I have taken a step back in the main page building process and shown it to various friends, business collegues etc and recieved constructive criticism to ensure it appears modern, proffesional, and expensive. Lets hope lol.

Comment

Hi Banished,

Would you like to hear to truth and see the reality of it or you want me to lie to you?

look, I will be frank with you, as long as your work, design, product, pisture, music, movie bla bla bla, anything, is published to a web, it's no longer safe, there is some people out there, who are capable of anything, if you publish it with VH or any other host, it doesn't make any difference, THE DIFFERENCE YOU WILL FIND HERE, IS THE GREAT SERVICE.

Anyway, you are concerned to protect your layout work right?

There is a way to protect your work from a take over copyright or a copyright.

what is the take over copyright and what is the copyright?

the copyright, you need to register your layout and work with a copyright company accepted by the goverment bla bla bla, (we all know that)

protect yourself from over taking copyright is to,

(if all the elements included in your layouts are yours or bought from somebody/where else, and you have the right to publish it or use it anyhow)

print your job, make another doc printed explaining everything included in your work/layout or whatever, put it in an envelop, go to the post office, send it to YOURSELF, when receiving it, don't open it, keep it in a safe place CLOSED.

Then if somebody blame you that you took his layout, in the court you can prove that the layout is done by you in such date.

other wise, there is nothing protecting your work from being copied exept your legal copyright (which - between us - you can't aford for all your work).
            The Producer

Comment

Hi, Ditto with Nite Producer.
              You might be able to look at an alternative way of people seeing your (I assume images?) Maybe let some go free & insist on a link back to your site. Or place them behind a private area. The image below took about 3 seconds to get? Dont think anyone can stop a screen shot.
              I think a big copywrite across the image will always work well.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

And anyone with talent can take the image and find a way to reproduce it. As said early on here - if you don't want people to be able to steal it - don't ever put it out anywhere.

And, remember, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery (I don't remember who said that).

That said, your best bet is your copyright. And, even with that, there is no guarantee.

All said and done, it's really one of the lessor worries of building a website - and, btw, when you say page layout is 90% - that is why most follow the same type of format - not the same DESIGN - the same type of format - which you cannot copyright.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                  Hi, Ditto with Nite Producer.
                  You might be able to look at an alternative way of people seeing your (I assume images?) Maybe let some go free & insist on a link back to your site. Or place them behind a private area. The image below took about 3 seconds to get? Dont think anyone can stop a screen shot.
                  I think a big copywrite across the image will always work well.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully by making the site the way it currently is, would take a pretty dedicated person many many days to copy every page.

Also, i presume you googled the name on my sig to guide you to that site where you got that screenshot. My sig and that site have nothing to do with my current project. That site is hosted by a good friend of mine.

Comment

Hi, just an example!.
                    It’s very hard to protect an image that you have to show. If you look at most image sites, they just put copy write across the images, this can be enough to make the thief think its not worth the time to touch up the image.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X