Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invisible publishing

Hi all,

Is it possible to publish a page (just to see if everything works. "preview" does not show everything), but not have it show up on your website yet?

Thanks,
    Mindy
    www.bubbeesbeads.org

Re: invisible publishing

1 Go to your Public_html folder in your Cpanel.

2 create a folder, call it test

3 publish you page to your test folder

4 you can either give it a password that only you know it and then access it, or if it's just a quick procedure, just publish, go to its url, test, if everything is fine, then delete the test folder, and the publish it to your desired directory.
    The Producer

Comment

giving it a password only you know will not keep the se's from the page - BUT if you NEVER EVER put a link to that page from any other page anywhere - on or off your site - the se's will not find it.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        giving it a password only you know will not keep the se's from the page - BUT if you NEVER EVER put a link to that page from any other page anywhere - on or off your site - the se's will not find it.
        Hi Bet, I guess her question was just about trying to see the functions of her page if it's working.

And my explaination were just about how she can test it temporarely and then if it's working as she wants, she can publish it properly.

There is no point to confuse her with se's for now, she just want a test in the internet.

right? or am I the one who is confused here?
        The Producer

Comment

Well, if you put it on the internet - and then come in here and ask us to all look at it, per se, the se's are going to find it and index it - so what I'm saying is - if you do it - do NOT let the page out places like on a forum or anywhere that the se's might find it - unless you want that page indexed.

I have several test type pages - I use them as she will be - I do NOT want them found.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by bubbee21
            Hi all,

Is it possible to publish a page (just to see if everything works. "preview" does not show everything), but not have it show up on your website yet?

Thanks,
            Mindy
            www.bubbeesbeads.org
            Come on Bether, can you read what's in red?
            The Producer

Comment

Thank you both for your advice. This is what I have done, just so you know. I published the page I am working on with a huge "under construction" covering it entirely When I want to work with it, I take away the "under construction" sign and replace it before publishing it again. This way it is in my main menu but if anyone goes to that page all they will see is the name of my company, the title of the page and a huge under construction graphic. If you want to see the page it is, www.bubbeesbeads.org/valentinesday.html. Getting a jump on making the jewelry.

How does this sound to you? Will it cause trouble? or is it ok to do this?

Thanks, Mindy
              www.bubbeesbeads.org

Comment

oh, that's not gonna cause any problem, unless if the jewelry are diamonds or gold or similar, you will need a licence of reselling them, because these kind of jewelries should be stamped and checked by the goverment spe******t bla bla bla. But if they are the ordinary ones, there is no trouble for that.
                The Producer

Comment

Yep, but it could hurt you to have put the link here and what if the se's come spider your site while you have the under construction off and send traffic there - that is why I recommened you NOT give out the link anywhere if you don't want the page spidered.

And Yes, I read what was in RED - and that had nothing to do with what I was saying. I was saying to keep the page private.

Under Construction signs on websites are really not liked and to be avoided.

My two cents
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X