Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Joined and need html help?

Hi Everybody

I downloaded blue voda about a week ago and have been learning how to build a page, but I am stuck on how to edit the actual html. I can view the page html from the tool bar but cant work out how to edit it. I have looked through the forum and cant find any specific questions so I hope I am not asking a question that hundreds have asked before me and I need to get my glasses checked.

Great forum by the way, and also I really like the website builder, I am spewing I signed up with another hosting company as I have just now realised that I cant FTP to my account using Blue Voda and am experiencing some difficulties with the pages changing when I edit the pages from my hosting if that makes sense. They also dont have a support forum like this one.

Anyway if anyone could help me out with the html question, that would be great, and by the way I am a paisley born girl living in Oz and its great to actually have somewhere I can come in and ask questions

Thanks in Advance

Paisleygirl

Re: Just Joined and need html help?

I would like to think I might offer some assistance, but remain unclear as to your real issue.....

Blue Voda uses CSS to "write" web pages, and is not the tool to re-write a previous website written in HTML as would be in DreamWeaver, for example.

If you are trying to move a HTML-based site from GoDaddy, for instance, to your VodaHost account, it is possible. You need to logon to your GD Control Panel and use the FTP utility they provide to download each file to your computer, and then merely use your VH FTP manager (in your cPanel here) to upload the same files to your account.

In the meantime, you will be surprised at how sophisticated Blue Voda really is, and how using CSS is actually becoming G2 in web design. If there are certain elements in your previous sites you wish to *******te in your newer BV versions (like a Flash animation, or a HTML script) you need only copy and paste them into the pre-formatted boxes.
    You will figure this out the more you research the vast resources in the many forums that constitute VodaTalk. Do a few keyword advanced searches to explore your potential using Blue Voda.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the advice Vasili,

I realised what I was doing wrong after reading your post, I am using Filezilla for ftp and didnt realise that I could download the files from my server to my computer, I thought I could only upload. What is CSS, I am assuming that is why I have been having problems with some of the content in my pages changing when I upload to the server. Nothing major just little things like when I try to insert the copyright symbol into my page, its okay until I upload and then all these funny symbols appear where the copyright symbol should be. Even after I have edited it from the server it just keeps changing it back to the funny symbols. There is so much to learn but your right, over time you pick up bits and pieces of information, I am pretty impressed with BlueVoda though, it is one of the easiest webpage builders I have tried.

Thanks again.

Paisleygirl

Comment

>> You cannot use Blue Voda to edit or re-create your previously HTML coded websites....(if they were created in Dream, FrontPage, etc.).
        Blue Voda uses CSS style, and cannot even import foreign coded pages into the working browser. (There are forums in VodaTalk for you to learn about CSS)

You can however, reload your HTML site page files into your Voda account as temporary web pages until you can replace them with Blue Voda created web pages.....and if you are doing this, it is best to start with the last page first and work forward, replacing your index/Main page last -- just to keep your navigation properly working.....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X