Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page cannot be displayed?

Dear All,

My website encountered "The page cannot be displayed" at some computers sometimes; or the main index page will load up half way and stops, the left hand bottom menu of IE will shows downloading (21items...) that seem to be hang.

I hv tried enabling and disabling the hotlinking but to no avail. But strange thing is that when im using my home PC it wrks perfectly well.

Any suggestions?
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Re: Page cannot be displayed?

actually, it will work perfectly in your home pc and not in other's OR perfectly in other's and not in your.

this problem is common, try to delete your pages from your Cpanel and republish them, if you still have the same problem, let us know.
    The Producer

Comment

Dear Nite Producer,

Thanks for the tips. Another qn, can i delete those pages using Bluevoda FTP instead of Cpanel? Is there a different? Btw, how to delete those pages when in im cpanel? I am still quite a novice, pardon me.

Thank you.
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

You can delete pages in ftp, but be careful as you don’t get a second chance. In the control panel you do.
        It cost me a whole folder once.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

That's true, that's why my advice went first to CPanel, because it's more safe.

While you are new in this, will go step by step with you :

1. when you open your cpanel, click File Manager.
          2. neither your pages are in public_html or a subfolder inside public_html.
          3. navigate to your page(s) that you want to delete by clicking on the folder icon.
          4. now, when you reach your files or pages that you want to delete, click on its name NOT THE ICON this time.
          5. look on the right top of the page, you will see your file's icon displayed with different options to edit it, copy it .....
          6. click delete file, it will go directly to your bin.
          7. if you are sur that you want to remove it, click on the trash icon.

NB: let say you have a page called eric01.html, and you published it in a directory public_html/ericfolder, and this page is the only page existing in that subfolder "ericfolder", just delete the subfolder and recreate it again, and then.
          The Producer

Comment

Dear All,

I have deleted all my old webpages, including .jpeg, .gif in the public folder; and re-published every thing. But sad to say, i still cannot have my webpages display in my office pc.

Any more suggestions guys?

Thanks in advance.
            Cheers,
            Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Sorry Eric to hear of your problems. Wish I could help, but just wanted you to know that your site loaded very fast for me, no problems and what a great site to! You've done a great job! Good luck with your problem!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Totally sounds like a problem with the computer that is experiencing the problem. I can view your page, so can Cindy and everyone else in this thread and even yourself, only that one computer is having difficulty, try clearing out your cache, run adaware, something is gumming up your system and causing a poor connection, what about your graphics card, how old is the computer, clean up the computer and see if that makes a difference.... With microsoft advancing quicker than most of us, we will in time all be having this difficulty ... that of course, is just my opinion ....

It doesn't sound as if there are anything wrong with any of your pages ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi!

Thank you guys!

Well, i guess i hv to do smthing with my office pc then.

Thanks again for all yr infos.
                  Cheers,
                  Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Working...
                  X