Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing to a commerce site

Hi,
    I just signed on and will eventually want to sell items on my website. Do I have to upgrade, get a new one, or simply add on to what I have?
    Thanks for the help.
    Louie H.

Re: Changing to a commerce site

Louie,

You need to decide what type of cart you want - as that will decide where you want to build. I build using BV and add my cart to it. Many prefer having a specific e-commerce templates that are catalog driven. Those would include building in Soho, OsCommerce, Zen Cart and more.

Take a look around and see what you like/dislike and ask questions.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi there! I was just asking myself the same question!
      How do I add a cart? Where can I find the tutorials for that? I don't want to rebuild my site! Can I add credit card purchase capability, and do I have to contact the CC companies to arrange it?
      Also, I want the customer to be able to download an "agreement", where do I go in the tutorials to learn that?
      Thx
      Debi
      www.memoriesdvds.com (not published yet!)
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Welcome Louie!

Always nice to meet new people here, and the websites they create! If you are seeking something really custom made for your shopping cart website, I suggest you get a professional.

If not, you are able to use PayPal, they offer shopping carts, add to cart, view cart etc. options. Then you can make it go to this "I agree" page before they buy etc.

You can also purchase a template and then add your items, and change the graphics
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Debi,
          I use a cart called Cart Manager - because it has all the different things I want - and I add them to my Blue Voda sites. I don't require people to download anything - but on every purchase they have to check a box that they have read and understand my return policy. You could do something similar. If you want to take a look at it free - go through www.moxie-enter-prises.com/cartmanager.html and you can download a free version for 2 weeks. It will work with paypal.

You can also use paypal by itself (with no charge) but you will have more limitations.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I added my cart by first going into my control panel and adding a new subdomain called shoppingcart.mainedigitalphotography.com and then went to the fantastico icon clicked on it and then clicked on Soholaunch Pro Edition and loaded it up to the new subdomain and it set up

Comment

Yes, Soho is a shopping cart option.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X