Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a small problem with my sound music on my web pages..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a small problem with my sound music on my web pages..

Hello Everyone,

I haven't worked on my web pages or web sites for quite some time due to being ill and I had brain surgery to replace my shunt 4 weeks ago. I've just started working on web pages again but when I checked some of my pages I created quite a while back I found out that all of a sudden they were not playing any music and before they did.

I bought new speakers a couple of days ago. I did have a mono speaker set and when I had that my web pages played the music fine. Now I have this stero set and for some odd reason not all of the web pages that played music before are working now. I don't know if it is the speaker system or not. My fiance says it isn't that something is wrong with the web pages but I made no changes to these pages I already created since I got sick and before I got so sick the sound was coming out of them fine. I have no idea what could have happened. Do you all have any idea what might have happened or what I can do to possibly correct this problem?

Thanks!

Terri

Here are the two web sites I'm referring to. I'm having trouble with the sound on both of these sights with some of the pages:

www.terrilynnspencer.com and www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus

Re: Having a small problem with my sound music on my web pages..

Welcome Back, Terri!

Check your speaker installation.....nothing wrong online.
    (Kind of loud pre-sets, too!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Vasili,

Well my fiance installed my speakers. It works in terms of when putting CDs in the computer and playing them but I checked quite a few of the pages on both web sites and I couldn't get sound other than the index page on my www.terrilynnspencer.com site.

My fiance insists there is nothing wrong with the speakers or the way they are installed. Would you mind contacting him via e-mail? He asked me to ask you if that would be ok with you if you would be willing to do that. His e-mail address is: chrisrange@charter.net

If he isn't even willing to admit he could have done something wrong in the instilliation then I might have to read the entire book and try to figure things out myself on the instillation part. He probably messed things up.

Did you check out several pages on each of the sites to make sure music was coming from both sites?

I'm feeling alot better since I had the shunt surgery 4 weeks ago. Too bad I had to suffer for a year and a half before I could get the help I needed. I had to go out of state too.

Terri

Comment

I checked out your site and there is music on every page I checked, about 8 pages on your first site and about 5 on your second ... you have a broken link on your first site, inspirations (this when clicked on goes to a page cannot be found)

Are you just not hearing the music in preview mode or when viewing on the internet? Try inserting the music again on just one page that you are not hearing and see if that makes a difference for you ...

they do all work though ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          Welcome Back, Terri!

Check your speaker installation.....nothing wrong online.
          (Kind of loud pre-sets, too!)
          This Terri's fiance Christopher responding.

There is nothing wrong with the speaker installation. I setup the speakers. I tweaked the volume and, I tested them on several sites that I knew played music.

I also tested her site via my PC:

Full-Tower
          P-III 930Mhz
          512MB RAM
          AHA-39320 HostRAID
          SCSI Ultra320 147GB(4)
          ** CD-R/W 10x12x16
          ATI Radeon
          Viewsonic Q71 1280x1024
          Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS
          Logitech Z-2200 140W

It doesn't work on my PC either.

It will naturally work, if you try to access it from inside your intranet but, when accessing her site from the outside, it doesn't work anymore.

The problem is on your end, not hers.

Comment

While on the page that is supposed to play music- go to Tools>Internet Options and then click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down to MultiMedia. Make sure a check is in the "Play music in web pages"

Some times, when programs are installed or when security patches or an anti-virus program is installed- these settings can get undone.

Additiionally- I believe under the properties of the volume control on soundblaster- there are several choices for "playback". Make sure that "line in" is checked and any other one that would apply.

And I would doubt that it is a problem with the server. Reason- is that it plays for many here testing it as requested. Seeings how this covers a multitude of platforms, computers, soundcards and internet settings- it all points to a problem locally. You mention "Intranet"- I can assume that you are behind a router? Maybe there is a problem there.

Hope that helps.
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello,

This is Terri. I forgot to mention one thing about this whole thing that makes this a bit odd. On my Inspirational Site, the ONLY page that I can hear sound coming out of at all is my home page or index page. All of the other pages, no sound works at all and I didn't make any changes at all. I did try to reset the music on a couple of pages just to see if that would do anything but it didn't work.

My index page on my home page to my Inspirations to Life at www.terrilynnspencer.com is the only page I can actually get sound to come out of. When my fiance Chris tried it from his computer, he gets the same result. It was working ok a few days ago so I don't know if the new speaker system and/or router or even cable modum has anything to do with this or not. I just thought it was odd that only one page out of both sites play but nothing else will anymore.

Anday, I'll try what you are suggesting next and see what that does next! Thanks for all of your support and help on this!

Comment

Hello Andy,

I just went to the tools and options and advanced options like you suggested and looked to make sure the "music for web pages" was still checked and it was so that is still ok.

As far as what you mention about this "playback" thing I'm not sure what you are referring to, but my fiance can play video and web pages from his computer ok with no trouble. We do have a router connecting our computers together. Oh another thing, I can't hear other websites that I didn't create through my speakers either that I know play music... yet I can hear CDs with my speakers so I don't know what is going on yet my fiance claims my speakers were installed correctly.

I have no idea what to do next unless I can get a real computer guy out here who knows what he is doing!

Terri

Comment

Hello,

I noticed something else too. Some other web sites I'm not able to get sound on either that are not my own that should play music. Yet I can go to other websites that have music on those and can hear music on those sites with no trouble. Does that mean that I might have a possible soft ware issue with my computer when it comes to the sound? If so, what if anything can I do to correct something like this? Would I need to take my computer back in to the place where I bought it and let them fix the soft ware issue if that might be the problem? I can't help but wonder why I can hear some web pages and not others or why I can only hear sound out of only one of my web pages in my own websites when I made no changes at all to my pages.

I'm really puzzled about this and don't know where to turn next. I just hope I don't have to spend a fortune to fix this though.

Thanks for any feedback or help and advice I can get to possibly get to fix this. I'm willing to try anything!

Terri

Comment

Hi Terri and like Vasili said, Welcome Back!

I'm in Colorado and just spent the last 30 minutes on both of your sites. Although I cannot tell you why you can't hear the music...I can tell you that I went into each and every page on both of your sites and heard music on all except 1 page (Dear Mr. Jesus--no music) But all the others had music on them.

Just wanted to let you know what a beautiful site you have and what a wonderful job you have done with it. You can tell you have put a lot of work into it. And what an inspiration! I loved The Lord's Prayer!

Anyway...I do hope that you can find out what is wrong with your computer and that it won't cost you much if anything to get it fixed. I wish I could give you some advise...but I'm just not knowledgable enough. But did want you to know that here in Colorado...I can hear all your music just great! Good Luck to you and God Bless.
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Well- you said that you are through a router. Try pluging your computer directly to the cable modem (thereby taking the router out of the equation) and see if it works then. The common thread has been that both your computer and your fiance's computer-through the router- could not hear the music.

Just a thought.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Question: Have you recently upgraded your windows media player to 11?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Terri,

I checked both the links you provided, and I can hear both music clips, but I did notice that your music is mono not stereo... this means it will only be heard in the left speaker. Did you edit the music or convert it yourself?
                          It may be just a case of having to convert the files to stereo.
                          I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

How do I convert the files to stereo?
                            I think that is the problem! My origional speakers when I origionally did these web pages were mono speakers. The speakers I have now are sterio speakers. How do I do the conversion of doing the files from one to the other?

Terri

Comment

Having a problem finding this fantastico button

Hi there I am lost in this website,

It started out great until I got to the part where you download Soholaunch and it just became a blur after that. The details are clear, login to your control panel...did that and look for the smiling fantastico face can't find that so very confusing.

Can anyone please help out there because if this program is all it is cracked up to be I would love to use it. I think they should make the site a little bit more user friendly though for novice users there is a lot of clutter on here dont you think without sounding like a moan just because I couldn't find the tab.

Please help

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X