Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicating Issues

Hey Folks:

I don't know if it's my computer, but there have been several times that some of the images will duplicate itself on another page, or the back ground color on one page will duplicate itself on another page. I've tried refreshing the page, deleting cookies and files, but what normaly works is having to re-publish the page. Is that normal? It's getting frustrating at times. Another thing, I've noticed that when I publish the pages, the images are saved within the public html folder as opposed to the image folder. Could that be the issue? If so, does that mean that I will have to move the images to the image folder, which means that I would have to change the html extensions manualy on all the pages to make it true? Did I just answer my own question?

Re: Duplicating Issues

Dont know about the first part, but your images are saved in an image folder on your computer and in your public dir or whichever dir you publish to....
    So you won´t have to move anything.

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Ive had this happen, is it happening with Insert Shape? I find if they tend to be around the same size it will go with the colour last published, you may have to make it different, i.e., a tad smaller, or a round rectangle instead of rectangle .... also if your images have the same file names they will overwrite each other on all your pages as well ... be careful to name them differently, you cannot do that for shapes however ....

All of your images will go into your public_html folder .... the image folder that will also contain those, is the image folder on your computer, within the Blue Voda folder, within your MY DOCUMENTS ....

Unless you put all your images into an album and uploaded it as an album, (creating its own directory) I believe they will land in your public_html that way ....

Someone else may know better about this than I ... but those are my thoughts ..... and experience

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You need to check and make sure that you aren't inserting various images that might have the same name.

I've seen people use images that they've taken on their digital cameras - and the images have identical names - just saved to different files on their computer - however on BV, the 2nd image would overwrite the first one because it isn't saving it to separate files.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ladyeye;

It does happen on the insert shapes. I hate to have to change the aspects of the shapes. It would take away the freedom of creativity.

Comment

Yes, I ran into that very problem .... and Naval assisted me, but to no avail, I had to keep all my shapes that were the same size, the same colour ... I had no problem with any shapes that were not all the same ...

I could have a smaller shape and a larger shape, both rectangle let's say, and one could be black and one could be white ... but when I inserted the shape as a background on a background on a background, lol, I had three tiers so to speak, I ran into trouble if I wanted to duplicate this on another page but only change the color. The color on both pages would turn out to be the colour of the last page published ...

The only suggestion I could give you for this, is if you made your own image in a photo program and gave them all different names, and inserted them as your own images .... I don't know if this would create too much work for you or not ....

I never did get it sorted myself......

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yes- the shapes tend to create names of BV gif's that already exist as Lady Eye stated. The work around is exactly as she stated- make them in a photo program or........

Create a folder named test. Publish the page in question to that folder. Now use the FTP Manager to look at the files on the server in that folder. Notice the names of the shapes. Move the shapes from the server to the computer and rename them. If the were named bv00123- rename it to bv00123AB. Now delete the old shape image off the web page and put the re-named one in its place. Then save and publish.

Worked like a charm for me. **PS.- you can then delete the files in the test folder (or the test folder itself).

Cheers-

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Well now Andy thats just a right smart trick there .... and much easier than actually creating the images yourself ... good job!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Are you using two different computers to make your site ?
                  That would create conflicts in the images created by BV.
                  Another case where this may happen, is if you create a page, then use the "Save as" to save the page with another name, and then change the color of the shape. Since it still holds the name it had in the previous page, when you publish the new page, the shape you had in the first one will also be changed to have the same color. That's why you get the new color in the old page too.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval Design, you hit it right on the money. In order to keep the same design and size, I'm changing the content on the page and I'm saving the page as..No wonder, because I keep having to republish the website in order for it to get right. Thanks I'll try that step that "Eyes" suggested.

Comment

Working...
                    X