X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus Issue!

Hi,

My Client ID # is 9514.

I feel my personal laptop is affected with Virus, as I see lot of Security Alerts and Warning Messages oflate. Now my question is, should I now refrain from publishing anything to my website, till my computer is cleaned? Will the Virus get transferred to my website server, if I try to publish (or) access the BV FTP server ? Or is Bluevoda automatically shielded enough to prevent itself, incase of any Virus attacks from client machines?

But I have lot of website works that needs to get completed immediately. Please advice.

Re: Virus Issue!

Originally posted by Ramkumar
    Hi,

My Client ID # is 9514.

I feel my personal laptop is affected with Virus, as I see lot of Security Alerts and Warning Messages oflate. Now my question is, should I now refrain from publishing anything to my website, till my computer is cleaned? Will the Virus get transferred to my website server, if I try to publish (or) access the BV FTP server ? Or is Bluevoda automatically shielded enough to prevent itself, incase of any Virus attacks from client machines?

But I have lot of website works that needs to get completed immediately. Please advice.

Do you have up-to-date anti-virus software on your computer? And if so, have you run a virus scan? And if so what are the results?

Security alerts and warning messages tend to deal with the security settings on your computer and often times get changed when microsoft offers another update, and this past week there were three or four updates.

A virus is normally found in an executable file, unless you uploaded an infected file onto your website for viewers to download, no one is going to receive a virus, or if you have a tracking device that is infected with a trojan on your site. These would be examples I could think of ....

What other symptoms may you be seeing??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

"System Alert! System detected Virus activities. These may impact the performance of your computer. Please use anti-malware software to clean and protect your system from parasite programs. "

This is the message I keep getting. I'm working on scanning and removing the virus (browsing the BV forums on this topic). Meanwhile:

1) Can I just keep publishing my pages?
      2) Can I upload MP3's?

Will there be any problems if I do the above? Please advice.

Comment

First Question: What is giving you this alert message? A program on your own computer, or is it coming up when you are browsing the internet. If you are seeing that come up when just surfing the internet, just ignore it ...

So what operations are you performing now?

These warnings are related to spys roaming about your system and yes will cause your system to slow down because each time you visit a site their programs are sending the info to and from your computer ....

are you using lavasoft adaware ..... spybot search & destroy .....

these are the programs that will take care of these for you ....

I do not believe any of this are in your mp3's, to be certain, right click on the mp3 before you upload it to your site ... and click scan with your anti-virus .... what anti-virus are you using???

I do not believe you have a virus as such, just alot of problems with keyloggers, registry keys, etc. ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Currently I use SpySheriff, to remove Spy threats.

I'm scanning now using SpyBot.

I'll also try some other scan softwares. Let me try if it can bring some good results. I'll reply with my results. Thanks very much for the info(s).

Comment

Working...
          X