uploaded files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploaded files

Okay, I have 2 stupid questions. I have uploaded my pdf product files. How does my customer get to them? How do I show them on my website?
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: uploaded files

No such thing as a stupid question.
    Place a link, it could be a word or an image.
    The link would be ww w. yrdomain.com / file.pdf (spaces added)
    See an example here.

Consider letting users know they can download Adobe Reader for free.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks so much. I see that you have a few spaces added and you say that they are suppose to be there. Isn't this unusual? So my link would be ww w.hawaiionyourown.com / Hawaii On Your Own.html
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

No, sorry about that, no spaces.
        www.yourdoamin.com/file.pdf should show as a live website. I was showing you what it would look like and the underline got in the way, hence the spaces.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Can 3 files have the same name? I have 3 products on the same page.
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

You can if the pdf file has all 3 products.
            If not then you will have to save each as product1.pdf, product2.pdf, product3.pdf (or the name you choose).
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

It owrked great! I have all three products on one page.
              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this web design stuff, with any program, so please help me. I'm trying to upload an Adobe Reader 7.0 file into one of my pages. I don't want to link it, I need it as part of my template that I downloaded from BlueVoda. However, I can't seem to figure it out because when I use the "Insert Image" it doesn't recognize .pdf files.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I'm sure there's a way, but I'm lost at this point.

Thanks and I'm sure I'll be asking more,
                rdcrowley

Comment

Originally posted by rdcrowley
                  Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this web design stuff, with any program, so please help me. I'm trying to upload an Adobe Reader 7.0 file into one of my pages. I don't want to link it, I need it as part of my template that I downloaded from BlueVoda. However, I can't seem to figure it out because when I use the "Insert Image" it doesn't recognize .pdf files.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I'm sure there's a way, but I'm lost at this point.

Thanks and I'm sure I'll be asking more,
                  rdcrowley

Hi there

Adobe acrobat reader is required on the viewers computer to open this type of document, therefore a pdf document needs to be uploaded to the server via the ftp method and linked accordingly to the document. It cannot appear as your webpage. You can however, have a webpage that introduces this document as opposed to just a link.

Have a look at my pdf document and you will see what I mean.

http://www.ladyeye.net/blue_voda_tips.html

If you want the document to appear on your own web pages, you will need to insert the text as text on your webpage, but then it is no longer a pdf document.

Hope this helps you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Lady Eye, but that was what I was afraid of because the pdf file is my company logo that I need on my site. Do you know a way of converting a pdf file to one that I can insert with "Insert Image"?

I appreciate the info.
                    rdcrowley

Comment

Don't know for sure, because I've never tried it, but couldn't you open it in Photoshop (or a similar program) and convert it to an image file from there?
                      Debi
                      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

OK, I tried it. Yes you can convert it to an image file using Photoshop. Then you might want to use pixresizer to reduce the file size.
                        Debi
                        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

If you don't have Photoshop, simply open the PDF on your computer. Now press Alt + PrintScreen. This will copy the screen in the clipboard.
                          Open windows Paint. Press Edit, then Paste . Select the selection tool (the doted rectangle) . After selection, Copy.

Now close the document in Paint, open a new one, and paste (the area that you had copied). So you will have only your logo. Save as GIF or JPG. You are done.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks very much. Using Windows Paint was sweet.

Thanks again,
                            rdcrowley

Comment

Just a FYI, there is a cool up one level of the paint program called paint.net. Has similar features to the windows paint program but with alot of cool features. I'm not working off any tips or kick backs here, just wanted to pass it along. You can find it here http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html.
                              It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
                              P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

Working...
                              X