X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one page of website not centreing

Hi,

I need a little help on website http://www.thecornmarketbar.com

I have ticked the box in page properties to centre all pages but the page http://www.thecornmarketbar.com/events.html does not appear centred in the owners computer but is centred when I view on my own PC.

I added the following code:
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> between the head tag of the page html and published but no change.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice on what to do to resolve this problem.

Also on the home page(also have the anti-cache code added here) I have a scroller at the bottom of the page but again cannot view on recipients PC but can on my own.

Thanks in advance and happy Christmas to all.
    -Liam

Re: one page of website not centreing

firstly it is off centre on mine too i suspect you have something lurking unsseen on the right so try to see first when you open the page you are workin on in b.v have a look ate page width before touchin anything else this will tell you it has move width probably then i would got to select all then there will be a loop shape around all things just see whats ther hiding , some old text perhaps you draged and droped and cant see

try that first
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

i cant see anything to the left? if not try to set the page size to 800 width then click center page then save then uplaod file maybe that will help

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

It's too wide. To center properly, it needs to have a maximum width of 800px and your's is at 937px. If you're correcting this setting in page properties and still getting the same result, then you most likely have an element (small image, table, text input area, etc) outside the desired parameters. The index page appears centered, so this is definitely a page related issue.

Using a dark background like you are using can hide lots of things. I'd suggest going into page properties and changing the background to white or gray, then scanning the right side of the page for anything outside your set size.

I don't see a scroller on the index page at all. Keep in mind that the browser being used can affect this type of thing and take that into account when building pages. Internet Explorer, whether any of us like it or not, is still the most comonly used browser and we have to build our pages to display properly in IE.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

oh nice site by the way mate

Comment

Thanks guys........I had the page outsized in page properties(don't know how this happened as I cloned all pages from the "index" page)

I just resized page to match the rest but as I am viewing on a 800 x 600 screen res then all looks fine anyway so I would be grateful if you would take a look to see if this page has centred as the rest of the website pages.

Thanks again and merry Christmas to you all.

Comment

It's closer to center, but still off just a little (shows a width of 808px).

When using BV, whether cloning pages or building from scratch, it's important to check these settings before publishing as they can change automatically if anything happens to stray outside the size you have selected.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

is there an echo in here racey baby???????????

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                  It's closer to center, but still off just a little (shows a width of 808px).

When using BV, whether cloning pages or building from scratch, it's important to check these settings before publishing as they can change automatically if anything happens to stray outside the size you have selected.
                  Hi,

Thanks for the tip and also for checking again for me. I very much appreciate it.

I have all my pages set at 808 x 672 so all should be centring exactly the same.

Should I reset all to 800 x 600?

Thanks,
                  Liam

Comment

yes , are the pages actualy goin over the 800? i.ewith text or pics if not then yes go 800 it works for , as it is its till of to the left for me 17 inch monitor

also a tip for you is to create your link on here in your signature so we can always have the choice to look at your good site mate

Comment

Thanks Allstarfaces,

I will set to the 800 x 600 and thanks agin for your help.

I have over a dozen websites with Vodahosst so I didn't wish to place them all here..lol

Thanks also to Racefan20...the avators.....Deja Vous??

Best wishes guys for the holiday season.

Comment

hes my twin sister mate so thats why we look alike

Comment

Working...
                        X