where are the h1 header tags?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are the h1 header tags?!

I have read all of the post and talking about h1 tags(header tags) and them being like a newspaper ad. Is the h1 tag simply putting a pharase at the top of your web page?? is there a specific button,image,shape where this is located. Please give me a specific answer. I am confused.

thanks
    www.kbwalls.com

Re: where are the h1 header tags?!

To use the h1 tags properly, you need to use html - so you'd write your headline and insert it into bv using the html box.

To see it in action - if you click on my Pinata Palace website- my headline of "Pinatas and Mini Pinatas" is my h1 on the home page. That is inserted in an html box - and the html for it is:
    <center><h1><font style="tahoma" size="4" color="#CC3399">Pinatas and Mini Pinatas</font>
    </h1></center>
    If you notice, I told it everything I wanted it to do with the phrase - so I didn't just put it in an h1 tag, but I also told it what color I wanted the text to be as well as the size, etc.

Now, for the other part of your question. The se's will recognize headlines without the tag - by how it's placed on the page - by the fact that usually the text is bold and bigger than the rest. But it doesn't hurt to use all the available options. The idea is to use them, not abuse them though. :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

i just changed my header to the format above, it doesnt seem to give me the same freedom, of course i dont have a background with html code so i stumbled through it...if it helps with seo i will try it

thanks
      http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Actually - you gave a sentence an h1 tag - and that is not good LOL - because you are now giving weight to lots of extraneous words. Think of a newpaper - the headline might be "School Bus Crash" - it would not be "Hi. A school bus had an accident today and crashed on such and such highway". The first is a headline. The 2nd is not.

A possible h1 headline for you would be:
        Fresh Honey | Beeswax Candles | Soap | Honey Bee Products

See the difference - no extraneous words - then - under that - you give the information. People want to see right away that they have landed on a page with what they're looking for. This gives it to them.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X