page size please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page size please help!!

I have a problem with my website(in the making).I am giving it a size but it automatically resizes again into a huge size.I want the height to be 1059 but when published it automatically goes back to around 4000!!!!

I am in really need of help here.It's been a while since this problem occured so if you can please give me an advise.
    Also, how can i make the output height and width to be exactly as big as the website?
    Thanks for your time

note:the website's url is http://www.thegreatestsoftware.net/index2.htm
    http://www.thebestcyprusproperties.com

Re: page size please help!!

mostly what matters is the width, not the height. most folks will scroll down, but hate to scroll sideways.
    having said that, there are lots of posts suggesting a good maximum width, but most will agree that for viewing with no side scroll best width is 800. You can set that in the page properties place. you need to double check it each time before you publish, because if you are adding things and inadvertantly go wider, it will reset to wherever is wide enough to include where you have added stuff.
    About the height - same thing applies. It will show whatever you have put in, so you have to reset before you publish.
    I would rethink the need for a height restriction, though, unless there is a compelling reason for that.
    good luck.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I'm guessing you have something in it that is causing it to go to a different size - make sure you didn't put an empty text box somewhere, etc- as doing so will cause the size to increase to accomodate it.

I agree with Liz that height isn't so important - but there are people who will keep scrolling looking to see what else is there :) - I like to keep my height where it really is also - just is more professional, IMO.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

good point. didn't think of that, Beth. Thanks
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment