Learning HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning HTML

I just wanted to say thanks for this forum, its a wealth of knowledge. I haved finished my web site and am tweaking it to be more search engine friendly. I dont know much about HTML feature or HTML. I know that bvwb converts pages to html from what i have read. I also read that you can copy and paste HTML from an exsisting site to the Html box. My question is do i have to know HTML to use the HTML feature box if this is your first web site? Or does bv convert them to html in the html box? Are there any free online course ect to learn HTML?

www.kbwalls.com

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Learning HTML

is it unethical to copy and paste html from a competitors site? if you dont know HTML?

Comment

Re: Learning HTML

It is not unethical to copy and paste code - it is unethical to use their pictures or wording - but many of us learn code just that way.

One place to learn basics is http://www.htmlgoodies.com/

For most of what you do on BV - you don't need to know the html - and when someone gives you a code for a banner, etc - you only need to know how to put it in the box, size the box and place it on the page. But, yes, there are times when knowing what the code is and using it for yourself are helpful.

Just remember - for every opening tag, you must have a closing tag. For example - if you have <center> before text, you must close that tag at some point with a </center>
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X