Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicating Issues Part 2

Hey Folks!

I found a shorter step to renaming the shapes, First I opened the html editor of the desired page in the file manager and found the code for the shapes. Then I opened the shape image in the file manager and "saved it as" back into the image folder of Blue Voda in my documents section. Then, I went back to the editor and renamed the corresponding shape, uploaded the new images back into the file manager and VOILA! It worked. actualy it took me 5 minutes per page. But Now I have two issues. The first is that now the shapes have changed size on me and I wanted to add information to the page so I had to reload the page back into the BV as a new existing html and when it did, it deleted the Menu bar that I had created. What's up?

Re: Duplicating Issues Part 2

reloading the page usually causes some things to not be there - it's not an ideal way to do things. You're better making changes from bv - if you want to keep the bv pages "whole".
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers:
      I appreciate your input, however I have a little background and experience in software applications along with website builders that use the same cpanel. Most web builders are "picky" about uploading any particular html into it because it would not be compatible and cause it to crash. On that same token, Any html script that is created by that web builder software, is recognized when uploaded back. So if the BV created the script for the menu bar, it should be recognized and therefore appear. Not to sound rude, but I would feel better if you would just say you don't know the answer, because your response comes off as if you're referring to someone who's never had any experience. Even my wife who has a BA in Computer Information Systems and has worked technical support (Help Desk) for CompaQ was not too impressed with your comment. Because in reality you have not answered my question.

Comment

So then you know that when tweaking HTML you also made the necessary changes to the formatted CSS BV page also??

One of the most wonderful aspects of this Community is the peer-to-peer assistance that is offered without reservation, despite any credentials or recognition. Apparently, you needn't avail yourself of the expertise that comes to us from experience using the products and technologies herein......in any event, Forum Decorum should be your priority to master!

In my opinion, of course!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I did answer your question - as bv has it's own codes - if you take the page that is online and upload it new to your computer - you will LOSE some of the page - because BV is proprietory. Which is why, even though it is all written in html and css, etc, it cannot be published to another hosting company.

Therefore, some of the things that you change from the cpanel - will not be the same when you reload the page - which is what I told you the first time. Which also means that when you say you can reup ANY software written in html - that is incorrect.

Thank you so much for putting me in my place. And thank your wife also.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Mrs. Bethers I sincerly do appreciate your input and I hope you were not offended. As mentioned earlier and I quote: "Most web buillders are "picky" about uploading any particular html into it because it would not be compatible and cause it to crash. Never did I say you can reup any software written in html. By the way. Mr. Vasili, I believe this conversation was between myself and Mrs Bethers. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion and apparently you too are need of mastering the art of Forum Decorum. If I was to avail myself with my experience I would not even bother asking for any type of assistance. It appears to me that you are coming at me with your experience. As a business owner, I provide all means of communication available for my clients and new ones, and if this is the only means of getting assistance, I do not have time to deal with comments that have nothing to do with the subject matter. Thank you.

Comment

Captrac - I suggest you read the Signature Rules:

Your signature may be a maximum of 3 lines (Not Including Hyperlinks) and ONLY include the following...

1) Your Full Name.
              2) Your Profession or a VERY brief site description.
              3) Your url or a link to a maximum of two websites that are hosted with VodaHost.
              4) You may not promote a website that does not belong to you.
              5) You may not use anything larger than size 2 font.

You may not have a signature if you are not a paying VodaHost web hosting customer. All websites that are linked in your signature must be hosted on VodaHost servers.
              The affiliate links don't fall into these rules.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Cap

While yer up there on your perch looking down on the rest of us peons, you might note your link for your about us doesnt work on your navigation, the link in your footer to testimonials seems to have come unhinged as well. Your ad for your logo has a typo too. "fo pricing and samples".

Just thought Id help you keep up your image "your highness"

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Mr. Carroll (Daniel...mind if I call you Dan???),

As a successful business owner myself for many public years, and with more than 100 families depending on my experience, acumen, and vision, I am fully cognizant of my abilities and instances where partnering effectively can be advantageous, and when I must aquiessce.

This is not one of those occasions.

A Forum is public by nature, and this Community thrives on the interaction between peers of knowledge, expertise, and critical thinking.
                  It is definitively NOT supportive of "private" discussions, nor should it ever be so. You are certainly not in any position to influence otherwise.

If you are so apt and able, why bother to pose your predicament on an open forum? And, when your lapse of decorum was hinted at, wouldn't it have been better to acknowledge it and attempt to find a mutually agreeable resolution rather than form such a transparent (and suggestively false) defense?

I suggest you re-think your posture, and how best to proceed in this Community.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Please allow me. CSS has nothing to do with all this. After all, css is only used for formatting dropdown menus and text.

When you create a page, BV converts some of the elements in images (shapes and menu buttons). It saves the images in it's own Images folder, and uploads them when you publish the page.

When you reload an existing HTML page back in BV, ALL of the elements are new for this bv page. So BV converts it again to BV code, renames (if that is the case ) some of the gifs used, adding a _1 (or whatever is the case) extension, and then again uploads them when you publish that new page.

This procedure is ok if you are importing a page that has no elements already existing on your computer. If instead there are already images existing on your Images folder, it creates conflicts like the ones you have.

Menus cannot be imported at all. This is because BV cannot import the dynamic aspects of the menubar. It will import only the non_mouse over image of the menubar buttons, and will link directly the images to the links. You loose the dynamic part of the javascript that creates the menubar (mouse over included). So definately, in the imported page, you only find yourself the menubar button images, directly linked (the links are correct) but no real menu.

Your solution, if i recall well your first thread on the topic:

Yes, you can create your pages in sequence using the Save as. But, once you have created the new page, and you have a shape for which you need to change color, select it and copy it. Paste it in the page, using the Paste icon (not the right click paste). Place it behind the original shape, and then delete the original. The new shape has it's own brand new name (as image) and is in the excact same position and with the same size. At this point change it's color to whatever desired, save the page and republish.

This procedure only takes some clicks and prevents all these problems that you are having.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval Design I can certainly thank you for your explaination. Your professionalism is much appreciated, this situation was headed towards left field. That sounds like a plan. Also I would like to extend any apologies if any of you were offended in anyway. Karen. I have a another thread requesting input for my website on another forum and your comment here is noted. Thank you for finding that typ-o. However, the only person that sits on that perch is God. I too am a peon and I give God all the credit for all the successes that I've had. I do not go around the forums looking to see who I can bash on and give people nicknames. I too am a paying customer as well and I plan on getting my money's worth. Vasili, you may call me Daniel, and stay humble.

Comment

Working...
                      X