Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buddy and ignore lists

id 11585 mortonnotes (unpublished)

What advantages and disadvantages exist for using (a) the buddy list and (b) the ignore list?

Re: buddy and ignore lists

Selecting a "buddy" that have proven to be a reliable resource to you when developing your website simply makes it easier to poll their posts when seeking a solution on a quick-find basis.

Conversely, placing someone on your "ignore" list (for whatever reason) masks their postings to your view....they appear with just their name, and the post/message is "hidden" thereby making it easier for you to not be distracted......

Tools you can use to make your VodaTalk experience more personalized.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: buddy and ignore lists

Thank you for your answer. I find it helpful. Some answers do not! I guess one should add the administrator to the buddy list since they often(sometimes) offer useful advice?
      I have now discovered that I can cllick quote and get your reply at the top of this box so that I can refer to it easily. However in searching through posts the repetition of the same information tends to annoy me and if I print out a reply it only wastes paper. I have now just deleted the quote. I suspect we should try to train all forum users to take this approach? Or does it have a disadvantage that I have not seen?
      Perhaps the page that gives instructions on how to ask questions might give this advice?

Comment

Working...
      X