Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested Website

Hi
    I am really new to all this & I am looking at building a website for my up coming Equine Supplies business.

I want to list products with pictures etc, have links, also do a news board and if possible a feedback area. I have pictures and images I want to put in

If somebody could suggest a template or template range I would be eternally grateful

Thanx

Re: Suggested Website

Raver,
    You will find numerous templates on the VodaHost site. Sorry I do not have the link to that site. Look around, I am sure you will come across them. You can even put together your own template for your new site with help of the shape tool (that is what I did www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com). It sounds like everything you are wanting to do can all be accomplished with Voda products. Just be sure to use community forum once you get setup up. The forum is a great place to look for answers and ask for help. You will not be disappointed!!

perb31
    perb31
    "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

Hi Raver

And welcome to Vodaland ... perb is right in what he is telling you ....

Here is a page that I really recommend you begin by viewing, it will assist you quite nicely as your begin your quest to conquer your website building techniques and your on line presence.

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

This link will provide you with all the tutorials you should view to learn the techniques and art of building, and will supply you with the "free" templates available for you to use with voda.

Tip #1 - Recommended page size - '800 width, allows users with all screen resolutions to view your pages without sideways scrolling. This width can be set by right clicking anywhere on one your pages and locking this width in place, keep all items placed on your page within this width and you will be fine, yes start building at the very left of the page. The length is not all that important, however, really long pages are not recommended, double screen length is more than adequate.

Tip#2 - The use of fonts, use web friendly common fonts, arial, courier, etc., do a search for web friendly fonts, and you will get the list .... reason - if you use a font that you have specially installed on your computer, perhaps those viewing do not have the font, therefore your page will appear differently as their default web viewing font will appear instead of your font you used.

That's all for now, good luck building, and like Perb says, posting here your potential problems is the way to go, there is plenty of assistance offered to you by other posters on this forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Welcome to VodaLand.
        Here's the link to the templates and to the tutorials Plan your work, it will save you time and effort. Download PixRiser to help you size the images you will include in your web site.

For your equine supplies, test a few options with stable colors, light tans, browns or saddle. Green might work too. Do a search for similar sites and look at your competition.

Good luck.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

OK Guys & Gal I will enter the unknown.
          With grattitude to you all

Comment

It seems that not any of us who responded to you really answered your initial question, that being a suggested template .... lol

So, here is one that I like .... it can be found in the templates on this page ... http://www.vodahost.com/s17.htm

there are a couple of different color choices, and dependent on the colour theme of your photos, I might consider leaning towards something that matched that way ..... but I like this one attached ...
            Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X