Page size issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page size issues

I am having issues with the size of my page. I have a mac and a PC, when I publish a page it appears fine on the PC, twice the size on the Mac.I have a blank backround but the window is always quite wide online, For some reason i can scroll quite far along the page even though it is blank

Also I noticed that on certain computers- lines, images and text appears in a slightly different place, which is a problem. I experimented with locking everything and it seems to make no difference. Will different browsers give different results or is there a secret way to fix everything in place?

Sorry if i am just being thick.

Re: Page size issues

Yep, different browsers will show things differently. Someone else will respond here and can tell you how to check that, but I can speak, some, to page size.
    Generally speaking you should set your page width at 800, to include the most possible viewers without necessitating side scrolling. Additionally, it is a good idea to center the pages, too, so they appear in the middle of whatever screen they are using.
    These things can be set from the page properties area.
    good luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

So if i set it to 800, on explorer there is gaps on the right hand side.

Is there no way to center the page? So that the gaps either side of the page are the same regardless of browser.

Comment

like this site for example

Comment

yep, in the same place where you set it to 800 (page properties) you can click the box that says 'center in browser' and it will always be in the middle.
          And it isn't just explorer - it is dependent on how the resolution is set on the particular moniter
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
          X