Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Accessing?

Hi there,

Computer at problem: XP Operating System - AMD Anthlon 3800+ dual core, ATI 1600 with 512mg RAM, 1024mg RAM, 250gb hard drive

My problem is this:

1. When signing up for a forum board that I am creating, no problem, user name and password is sent. I am able to sign onto the forum board, however, I am unable to access the admin, post a question or reply to a thread.

2. The error messages I receive when trying to access the admin, reply, respond, or create a new thread, is: "An error has occurred"

The real strange thing is, somebody else can access everything, where as I cannot. I am using IE 6, I have run anti-spyware programs & anti-virus, checked my internet security settings, checked my firewall, uninstalled safety programs that I had running. It is saying I have spyware *********s of a low priority. I don't know what else to do, does anybody have any more suggestions?

Thanks to all who respond.

Seasons Greetings & A Happy New Year to All!!

Re: Problem with Accessing?

Robyn-

Perhaps it is something specific to your account and not your computer. Can you try accessing the forum from another computer. This will determine if it is your computer or your account on the forum that has the glitch.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
      Robyn-

Perhaps it is something specific to your account and not your computer. Can you try accessing the forum from another computer. This will determine if it is your computer or your account on the forum that has the glitch.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I did, I have a new laptop and I can access the forum admin, post a reply etc. No, I think it's something to do with my computer........I am lost as to what the problem may be. Tried two different forums.......nothing, but ok on the laptop. ??

Comment

You said "you" are creating this forum. I take it that it is loaded on the
        VH server and not running on our computer. And you can access it with the other computer. On the computer that will not work, have you added the site to your trusted sites?

In addition, off the top of my head I would do the following;

Clean temp internet files and cache files.
        In Tools, click on Sun Java Console. hit X and then L and then close out.

Remove the low level *********s and then re-start. Check your internet settings against that of the lap top that works.

Give that a shot and see what happens.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You said "you" are creating this forum. I take it that it is loaded on the
          VH server and not running on our computer. And you can access it with the other computer. On the computer that will not work, have you added the site to your trusted sites?

In addition, off the top of my head I would do the following;

Clean temp internet files and cache files.
          In Tools, click on Sun Java Console. hit X and then L and then close out.

Remove the low level *********s and then re-start. Check your internet settings against that of the lap top that works.

Give that a shot and see what happens.

Andy
          Hi Andy,

No it's not on the VH server, I don't think I would be able to do VH forums as I do not know alot about php scripting, I looked at it and it seemed complicated to me.

I have cleaned my temporary internet files and checked the internet settings with the laptop and another person's, I will try the sun java console that you advised, hopefully this will solve the problem. Crossing my fingers.

Thanks
          Robyn

Comment

Hi Andy,

Ok, I did what you said, however, it didn't solve the problem, I should say that I am able to sign into the forum, but unable to get any further...ie: admin, post, etc. Also at the bottom of my screen, up comes as restricted symbol and when I double click on that it says:

www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but21.gif ??

"An error occurred" You are unabled to access this area

Comment

Hi Andy

Thanks for all your help and thinking so far, and hoping you can come up with a few more ideas.

This morning CL was unable to publish to her site. She was only using windows firewall, so I suggested to download and install zone alarm, and disable windows firewall, and configure zone alarm for blue voda and blue ftp. That solved that problem, she can now publish her pages. She appears to have configured everything properly there.

It appears that all internet security settings are set up, this website she is trying to access is not a program downloaded to her computer or anything, it's just an on-line forum type board. Strange that she can sign in, but when attempting to access the admin or profile panel of that board, nothing happens when she clicks. It's like a dead button??

I can take her username and password and enter the board and access the admin and profile panel. She cannot ... so that would lead us to believe there is a problem somewhere in her computer right?? It can't be the website, right??

Any further suggestions? Something appears to be blocking but where else can one look for anything blocking her system?

Seems like she had difficulty at alot of different sites, (sounds settings related) however, with changing of some anti-virus and firewall programs she is now able to access these .... and these are not what you would call unsafe sites, so that's not the problem ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It sounds as if it is directly related to that site. Perhaps it is a cookie that the site has placed that has bad code? Very difficult to say.

I would e-mail the administrator of the forum and ask if they have had similar complaints. Tell them all that you have done and any error messages that have occured.

Have you tried using Fire Fox from the same computer? I not- perhaps down load it and install. Then try to access the forum from FF and see if it gives the same results. If not- then it is most likely a glitch with in the IE.

In all truthfullness, the inability to publish to the VH servers may not be related. This has somtimes happened to me. I wait a while and all is ok. Maybe that VH was doing maintenence or something. Hard to tell. Having done all the clean up, spyware stuff and scanning for viruses- I am betting that the forum admin will have a better clue as to the origin.
                Which forum is it if I may ask? Maybe do a google search for that forum and problem. Maybe a search on the forum itself?

Thats all I can think of at this time.

One more thought- the error given above with the paypal.com/images/X-click-but21.gif is a reference to a paypal
                button typically used to make donations. Why would that possibly come up?

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

It sounds as if it is directly related to that site. Perhaps it is a cookie that the site has placed that has bad code? Very difficult to say.

Hi again Andy,
                  I would tend to lead in that direction, the only thing is, that connecting to the same site through her new lap top is accessible, in all aspects. So being able to do this via the laptop as opposed to the desktop, all going through the same internet connection, browser etc., seems that it is with her desktop doesn't it? Or am I wrong in this thinking??

I would e-mail the administrator of the forum and ask if they have had similar complaints. Tell them all that you have done and any error messages that have occured.

Yes, good suggestion, and we thought of that too yesterday, only really believing it may not be their site, since it is accessible from everywhere else.

Have you tried using Fire Fox from the same computer? I not- perhaps down load it and install. Then try to access the forum from FF and see if it gives the same results. If not- then it is most likely a glitch with in the IE.

I agree with this suggestion and we discussed this, so I think we should go ahead and do this and see if it makes a difference. I agree.

In all truthfullness, the inability to publish to the VH servers may not be related. This has somtimes happened to me. I wait a while and all is ok.

Yes, possibly. Although she could not publish, I asked her to turn off her firewall and then she could. So that is when we reverted to the zone alarm firewall and put that in place. So two things went on there.

Maybe that VH was doing maintenence or something. Hard to tell. Having done all the clean up, spyware stuff and scanning for viruses- I am betting that the forum admin will have a better clue as to the origin.
                  Which forum is it if I may ask? Maybe do a google search for that forum and problem. Maybe a search on the forum itself?

I agree, think we should do this anyway, although it totally seems it is this desktop .... could there possibly be a problem with the site itself only from one for one computer - her desktop - no one elses computers and of course not her laptop?

Thats all I can think of at this time.

One more thought- the error given above with the paypal.com/images/X-click-but21.gif is a reference to a paypal
                  button typically used to make donations. Why would that possibly come up?

This one has me puzzled Andy, she tells me it comes up when she accesses that site. That site does have a paypal button to submit donations for using their product. Now the only thing I can ever relate to with this, is once when I published on my own site, a page called sponsors, well my own computer would not allow me access to this page, I have to rename the page as something different and republish, then I had access. For the life of me I could not find where on my computer that very word "sponsor" was blocking me ... so my solution was to rename and republish the page ... Strange to me too!! I also had problems viewing a forum thread where if the title contained more than two exclamation marks, if there were !!! - just like that, locked out, could not get in ... so strange again .... I'll bet if I tried that again right now, creating my own thread containing three !!! I would not be able to view ...

So in this line of examples, would you consider this a blocking by an installed spyware program? I am thinking I am getting a brainstorm from my response to you. Gonna try something along this line, see if that may correct the problem .... sometimes those spyware programs block or interrupt connections for these types of words, hmmm ..... what are your thoughts on that??
                  Andy
                  Andy,

Again, thanks for all your thoughts, inputs and thinking .... keep thinking, lol and we shall keep you posted!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i would down load avast its free and can run alongside your zonalarms also try to change the settings in i.e to accept all cookies if that hasnt been suggested just to acces that site as some sites im a mmebr of wont let me in cos of my security settings to high lower everything

yes avast will find any virus better than zone and also spy ware
                    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the input, I'm not having any luck here. The I've included the link to the security setup I had on my computer, although I've uninstalled it, there are traces of it everywhere throughout my computer, what a mess. LE has helped me to track some of it down and delete it.

The moment I uninstalled most of it, I checked my forum, still unable to access, I also checked my GMail account as I was unable to do anything in this as well, ie: send an email. I am now able to do functions in my GMail account.

I now own three forums, none of which I am to do anything in? 2 are with Suddenlaunch and one is at Proboards, I have no problem giving the passwords etc. to any of it.

http://productsandservice.aliant.net...jsp&curbody=53

When I disabled my firewall this morning, I was able to publish, when I enabled my firewall I was not able to publish, so I experimented and did it again and again the same result. Any suggestions to unclog all this stuff?

Jeez, I haven't even arrived at building a forum and already so many problems............

I am trying all the advice given, anymore ideas is appreciated.

http://www.radialpoint.net/support/kb.php

The above link is the support to uninstall this security program.

Thanks
                      Robyn

Comment

I had the same problem once, I had to uninstall my Forum then reinstall and restore the database

Comment

I thought maybe someone had hacked my password and I logged in at the same time they were on the board... becuase oddly my user was still logged in and I hadnt been there for like an entire day... It may had been a glitch though.

Comment

Hi Sadain,

Yes, strange because it was showing myself as being logged on, until I did the sun java console x l procedure. However, I am able to log on with my laptop and access the admin, my laptop is new so I haven't installed the Freedom security program, that I have on my home computer, which keeps leading me back to something on my computer is blocking me, because when I uninstalled most of it, somethings began to work. I haven't downloaded a forum onto my hard drive. Here is the link to the forum.

http://thishour.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi

Thanks
                            Robyn

Comment

You might want to reinstall java and make sure it's running properly on that computer.
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X