Newbie Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here

Hi Everyone, my name is Lisa and my domain is www.mysticmoonsoap.com I've been paying another hosting company for 2 years and never got my site off the ground. I got really frustrated with the oscommerce shopping cart and pretty much just gave up. A friend passed on info about this company and I'm hoping that I will be able to open up shop this time around.

I know just enough to be lethal....seriously, ask anyone...LOL and have already run into my first stumbling block; transferring my domain. I'm going to try a few more things before I ask for help, one is contacting the support desk at the other host.

I do have Frontpage but am curious about the website building tools available here and what everyone thinks. I couldn't write code if my life depended on it.

I am looking forward to being a part of this community, I've heard wonderful things about the forum and the support. Happy new year everyone!

Lisa
    Lisa
    www.mysticmoonsoap.com
    ~Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom; no longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from. Fill your lives with love & bravery & you shall lead a Life Uncommon.~

Re: Newbie Here

Welcome Lisa! I think you will be please with the products, service, support and help that you get here on the forums and of course from vodahost. Don't be afraid to post in the correct place on the forums for help. There are lots of people who volunteer their time to help others. I have learned so much from everyone here. I look foward to seeing your site when it's done!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Lisa, welcome to VH, Happy New Year!

Comment

Welcome!
        You're gonna love it here!
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Welcome to VodaLand, Lisa,
          Go here for info on transfering your domain.
          Remember to watch the tutorials.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm already on my way. I've at least got the ball rolling with getting my domain transferred. Now I just need to decide if I want to use soho or blue voda. I'm thinking soho because it will be an ecommerce site. Exciting stuff!

Thanks again,
            Lisa
            www.mysticmoonsoap.com
            Lisa
            www.mysticmoonsoap.com
            ~Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom; no longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from. Fill your lives with love & bravery & you shall lead a Life Uncommon.~

Comment

Working...
            X