Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When saving a file to BV, do I need to save the file with an html extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When saving a file to BV, do I need to save the file with an html extension?

The reason I ask, is that I have saved one of my files to BV without an html extension. Then when I uploaded the file to my VH account, it uploaded fine, but the link would not work on the site. If you click the Dog Coats link near the top of the left-hand navigation sidebar, you will get an error message instead of the page. Why am I getting this error instead of the dog coats page? Could it be because I did not add an html extension to the dog coats page before I saved it in BlueVoda?

Please help, this is getting a little frustrating lol.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Web 3.0; 01-01-2007, 11:12 PM. Reason: I did not get the link right.

Re: When saving a file to BV, do I need to save the file with an html extension?

To save your sanity, change ALL your links to end with
    .html

I.E. pagename.html

You have saved OK but your links need the .html at the end
    as BV automatically saves your bvp ending to .html

Another good tip, is when naming your files, do NOT use name-this
    use name_this

use the underscore character rather than the dash ------------------------------
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: When saving a file to BV, do I need to save the file with an html extension?

Thanks David, that worked very well. :)

If I use the underscore instead of the dash in my page names, will that help make my pages more search engine friendly?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X