Building websites for others using vodahost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building websites for others using vodahost

After building my own site and learning so much from the helpful people on here I have decided after many requests to build sites for others. This will just be a little side income and then see where it leads to. I have registered a new domain and I am in the middle of building the site.

My question is, is it possible to build multiple sites for others through vodahost? I have been told to join a re-seller account and build through dreamweaver or front page. The problem is I am familiar with bluevoda and the support I receive and would love to be able to do it through here.

Can anyone tell me if it would be advisable or pratical to do this, or would I need a reseller account?

Any other advice on the matter would be welcome also.

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Building websites for others using vodahost

VodaHost does not have a reseller account.

The websites you build for others should each have their own account if you want to use VH and Blue Voda for them.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Personally I would get your future clients to purchase a new account via an affiliate’s banner on your site & then take over the creation & maintenance of their site for a price.
      Or just charge a set fee, for lets say? a 5 page site with certain facility’s included.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Personally I would get your future clients to purchase a new account via an affiliate’s banner on your site & then take over the creation & maintenance of their site for a price.
        Or just charge a set fee, for lets say? a 5 page site with certain facility’s included.
        Only trouble with asking them to set up there own account etc, is that some people have no knowledge whatsoever and just want a website built without having to set up their own account. I am just trying to make it as easy for me to deal with everyone's needs.

Maybe I would be better going with a reseller account, just the hassle of getting used to another program and I love the support I receive here.
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

As Beth said, I don’t think Voda do this type of account. (Might be wrong)
          On the affiliate part I was only thinking of them just paying for it only.
          You can always set up a page with a step by step Instructions of how they should do this.
          There is nothing wrong with earning a little bonus for pointing clients to a host.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Paul,
            If they want you to do it for them - they still need to purchase the domain name and account. You can have them do it separately - or you can charge them for it - but it needs to be a separate account.

If they are smart, they're much better off owning their account - otherwise, if they and you have a falling out over anything - they have no access to it. I build websites for people - I always have them purchase their own account. I could make more money going over to a reseller's account and charging for all of it - but I like to give people value for their bucks. And, personally, I'd never recommend anyone not own their own website and hosting.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

When they have there own account, do you mean they have their own control panel? Or they have an option of it.

How then do you teach them how to make there own changes? Or do you carry on doing this for them and do you then charge? Or as collecter mentioned set up a little instruction pdf or similar.
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Hi Paul

For whomever you are doing the website for, you have then click your affiliate banner, (this then gives you the affiliate bonus for signing up a new customer). They then open an account with Voda and the information re the control panel and log in etc., is sent to them. They then email you with this information and you begin building the website. As you are charging them for your work, the site rightfully belongs to them and they can then decide when you are finished whether they would like you to upkeep it for them, or if they then want to take over for the future. If they choose to take over, you can decide whether you would like to charge them for any advice, ideas, etc., That's another step.

Having them set up the account in their name, alleviates any future problems if something happened that you no longer wanted to be associated with this group. They have the website, you have your payment. You should draw up a contract of sorts for this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Paul

For whomever you are doing the website for, you have then click your affiliate banner, (this then gives you the affiliate bonus for signing up a new customer). They then open an account with Voda and the information re the control panel and log in etc., is sent to them. They then email you with this information and you begin building the website. As you are charging them for your work, the site rightfully belongs to them and they can then decide when you are finished whether they would like you to upkeep it for them, or if they then want to take over for the future. If they choose to take over, you can decide whether you would like to charge them for any advice, ideas, etc., That's another step.

Having them set up the account in their name, alleviates any future problems if something happened that you no longer wanted to be associated with this group. They have the website, you have your payment. You should draw up a contract of sorts for this.

Thank you Hayley, you took your time getting to my post did'nt you lol, a full day before you turned up............advice was worth waiting for though as usual.
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

PS. i forgot!
                    You can put the affiliates link in an email,
                    with the instuctions in the email or a link to your sites "how to sign up page"

Only an extra thought!
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                      PS. i forgot!

Only an extra thought!

Good one Chris ... then there is no confusion as to the link they are signing up with!!

ty Paul ........ All yours now .... go make a million or two this year, remember your good buddy here, :)lmao ......

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

PS. i forgot!
                        Thanks Chris, do you mean in my email after their initial interest? Keep the tips coming, I am new to this, so any advice is very welcome...Thank you.

go make a million or two this year, remember your good buddy here, :)lmao ......
                        Who said That? hehe...you won't see me for the dust flying from my ferrari....Bump, back down to earth : )
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Take a look at this bit of advice on How to Be a BV-Webmaster.....
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Good info, Vasili. I do it very similarly to that, but I have my accounts do the actual purchase and receive the email. I then have them send me the information with a statement that they are giving me permission to work on their site. It might be limited, it might be carte blanche - but I require their permission and that the codes come from them.

I work on many people's sites and most are not using VH (shame on them) and anytime they want me to do the work, they have to give me the information to access their account. With VH, if the building is in BV, I prefer to work from BV, not from the CP - and I will send them all their pages to keep on their own computer or external device as necessary. I do not want the responsibility or liability if my computer crashes and somehow I lose the pages and then they need to be "resurrected" from the CP.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thus, the need for an "Agreement" (any services oriented "business" should be able to spell out the liabilities and other specifications they are willing to assume -or avoid- for the compenesation stipulated).

The VodaTip I provided above is, I believe, the simplest, surest "VH acceptable" means to accomplish the task mentioned. Customers pay for everything, are owners of everything, and need to do things in a proven manner -- and that's it!

Even if they part ways, they still have a hosting agreement that represents a real value, and they can do whatever they want with it.
                              I shun all the over-complications and "fribelty-frobelty" that only ends up wasting time or opening the door to re-interpretation.

...and I am not used to my posts constantly being "graded" or double-commented on.
                              Is there a reason this has become a new trend?
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X