Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaning of pdf. How to make a word file into a pdf file

id 11585 mortonnotes (unpublished).

This question arises because of a suggestion in my original thread - getting my word notes into a web site. I guess this thread might well have a link to the other material but I do not know how to do that. Perhaps some Reader with do it.
    I start a new thread because the other one has got very long - 11 pages.
    I wonder if I should have taken this approach?
    Question 1. What is a pdf file and what advantages and advantages does it have. (Note the glossary of terms provided by VH does not include this term.)

Question 2 - Not important. Who has the job of revising this glossary?)

Questions 3. How do I turn a word file into a pdf file?

Re: Meaning of pdf. How to make a word file into a pdf file

Originally posted by bill morton
    id 11585 mortonnotes (unpublished).

This question arises because of a suggestion in my original thread - getting my word notes into a web site. I guess this thread might well have a link to the other material but I do not know how to do that. Perhaps some Reader with do it.
    I start a new thread because the other one has got very long - 11 pages.
    I wonder if I should have taken this approach?
    Question 1. What is a pdf file and what advantages and advantages does it have. (Note the glossary of terms provided by VH does not include this term.)

Portable Document Format (Adobe Acrobat) The advantages to using this format is that it cannot be altered ... it is also a very clean format for use with images, etc.

Question 2 - Not important. Who has the job of revising this glossary?)

pdf ... is not a blue voda function ... pdf is not a free program either, although you can download trial programs on the web .... from adobe and other places ....

Questions 3. How do I turn a word file into a pdf file?
    Turning a file into a pdf document requires a software program to do this. As I said, you can download trial versions here and there .... good for 30 shots or so .... just surf for free pdf converter .... using it is pretty simple, it's just click, convert and save .....

Hope this helps!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your excellent reply. It does not give all good news but I shall have to make my peace with the universe and learn to live with it.

Comment

I have put my ebooks in pdf and they look great, including the photos. I bought a pdf program for $30 and it is easy to use.
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Thanks for your reply
          Can I see your ebooks somewhere?
          How do I go about buying a pdf program. I suppose someone in Australia sells one. I shall put the words into google and see what it suggests.

Comment

I use a program called deskPDF it was a free trial and seems to do a fantastic job! The advantages of PDF over Word as I understand it is anyone can alter a Word doc. and attribute the changes to you, v. a pdf. is nearly unalterable.

Best of luck!
            www.EarningsCoach.com
            www.SmartMove.biz

Comment

This posting follows on from previous one. I have use Google and found at least four different organisations offering a pdf program. (Win 2PDF, pdf995, etc ). The last one mentioned offers a free use provided an advertiser can "advertise" every time I use their program. Or I can purchase outright or a bit at a time.
              Can you offer any advice on any pitfalls about buying a pdf program. How can I tell which ones offer the best value? Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Comment

I've always used adobe and purchased their full program, so I can't tell about any of the others. But they should all work about the same.

If you want to see a pdf - download my seo book here:
                Beginners SEO
                This was made by taking my word doc and simply converting it. Very easy.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Once again... I used one called deskPDF converts using the print function. No ads even on the free trial. Have not purchased the full version, however did just use my last free usage, most likely will just buy this one when I need to convert a file.
                  www.EarningsCoach.com
                  www.SmartMove.biz

Comment

Here's the link to download the trial version of deskPDF - and it's only $29.95 to buy!

deskPDF
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I bought the program deskpdf and it is wonderful. I think you can search it as Docudesk. I think I paid $30 for it. Give it a try. It is simple and is easy to use.
                      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

My thanks to earningscoach, scuba diver, and Bethers for your useful answers. I shall use the download supplied by Bethers. I had looked at Bether's set of notes on SEs and they look good. She may remember that I offered to critique them (in an email) - as one way of saying thank you for her sterling work.

Comment

Working...
                        X