adding simpleviewer to my page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding simpleviewer to my page

Wondering if anyone has got any step by step guide in adding the simpleviewer to a web page. I got the simpleviewer(porta) working on my desktop, just don't know how to add it to the page, i tried adding a flash component on my page, and then I don't know which file to ask it to link to.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Re: adding simpleviewer to my page

I figured it out!

Simply had to the folders created by simpleviewer for your images to the public_html folder - you have to use ftp manager to do this.

and then create a link in your page to http://www.yourdomain.com/myfolder/index.html

it creates a file called index.html

take a look at my page: www.passionfloral.ca/gallery.html

Comment

Like the photo gallery, it shows you flowers & site really well.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Collectors-info,

Thanks much for the encouraging words! Simpleviewer is a life saver, it cleared up the clutter and makes it look so much more professional

buddysmom

Comment

I am also having trouble with this. I uploaded the simpleviewer folder to ftp under my public_html. Now what? What do I need to put in the link for it to connect to the gallery (it's named index.html under the simpleviewer folder)? I tried ftp://mydomain.com/public_html/simpleviewer/index.html but that didn't work. Can someone please give a more step-by-step explanation of how to get the simpleviewer to work? Sorry, I just really want to get my gallery up and going.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi there,
            What I did to mine was added a frame to my page where I want the gallery to show up.

In the frame, I would point it to the index.html generated by simpleviewer. The link would look something like this:
            http://www.mydomainname.ca/album/index.html

Think of www.mydomainname.ca points to public_html folder, and then you would have to go further into the subfolders where your index.html is located for your gallery. You have to copy everything generated by simpleviewer into public_html, otherwise your images both small and big(when clicked on in the viewer) will not show up.

Does that help?

-Buddysmom

Comment

Hi, thank you so much for trying to help me, but that didn't work. I'm still doing something wrong. I had the link point to...www.mydomain.com/simpleviewer/index.html and I get Xs where all the pics are supposed to be. I copied the entire simpleviewer folder into ftp and I doublechecked to make sure that I had my pics in the "thumbs" and "images" folders. Any other pointers you could give me?

Again, thank you so much for trying to help me!

Comment

Working...
              X