Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue ftp Manager

Hi Everybody,

I am having a little problem, wondering if anyone has an answer for me.

I cannot upload or transfer any files or folders into my ftp manager. The folder I created is in my public html, however not showing up in the ftp manager.

Thanks to all who respond
    Robyn

Re: Blue ftp Manager

Someone mentioned a similar situation and beleive said it fixed itself after shutting computer off.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info Bill, however, the file folder is still not there. I am at a loss here about what to do. I submitted a support ticket and it was suggested to try smartftp. So I'll read up on that.

Thank-you
      Robyn

Comment

> Sometimes the shifting of files are not shown in "real time" as Bill hinted (they are seen as "resolved" when rebooting the list), and is also seen like this in BlueFTP.

I have always failed to mention this, mostly due to personal efforts to keep many users away from using BFTP for purposes other than intended: the less mentioned, the less they try to "publish" BV via FTP, etc.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

CL.....LadyEye has some suggestions compiled via email....get with her, Robyn....

Comment

bump .......

One strange problem here is .....

A new folder cannot be made when she is inside of the ftp .....

This morning when she would right click while connected to ftp, she could create a new folder, but the new folder did never show up in the ftp ....

Now ten hours later, she cannot even right click to make a folder?

Where is the glitch? Is this a blue voda glitch?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You must use the functionary icons.....right-clicks won't do. *Create New Folder....and still, when utilizing templates (installing them), this is not how it is done....

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                You must use the functionary icons.....right-clicks won't do. *Create New Folder....and still, when utilizing templates (installing them), this is not how it is done....
                Maybe I am not clear .... I, in my own ftp, can right click, create a folder and see the folder and take it to lunch if I want ....

CL cannot ... she has no ability to upload a file via ftp, create a folder or do anything .....

It doesn't matter what file she is trying to upload, the ftp will not accept it ... moving a file from left to right does not work ..... nothing ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i use the file manager in control panel..i find the ftp only shows a few files...file manager shows them all and its easier to work with...
                  http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                    CL.....LadyEye has some suggestions compiled via email....get with her, Robyn....
                    Thank-you Vasili for all your info. However it is not the template files, it is the actual folder that I created for my forum that is not showing up. I have no problem with my templates. I cannot upload files via the ftp manager or the smartftp. The only folder showing is a second domain and the new forum folder I created is not there either. I am able to browse my computer bring in my template, however, I cannot transfer over, copy over, upload over to the right side of my ftp manager and the forum folder does not show.

Robyn

Comment

Originally posted by beebrothers
                      i use the file manager in control panel..i find the ftp only shows a few files...file manager shows them all and its easier to work with...
                      Hi BeeBrothers,

The folder I created is showing in the file manager, however, I am not aware of anyway to add my template through the file manager, do you know of such a way?

Thanks for your help
                      Robyn

Comment

Originally posted by C L
                        Thank-you Vasili for all your info. However it is not the template files, it is the actual folder that I created for my forum that is not showing up. I have no problem with my templates. I cannot upload files via the ftp manager or the smartftp. The only folder showing is a second domain and the new forum folder I created is not there either. I am able to browse my computer bring in my template, however, I cannot transfer over, copy over, upload over to the right side of my ftp manager and the forum folder does not show.

Robyn
                        Sorry, I have worded that incorrectly, I will try again.

I am able to browse my computer, bring in my template, copy over to the right side of my ftp manager, however, my forum folder is not showing, and the template has to be in a particular area in the folder I created when I installed the "phpbb forum", in order for the sequence to work. Any suggestions?

Thank-you
                        Robyn

Comment

Hello Everybody,

I just wanted to give you all an update, my main domain public_html is overloaded with files. This information came from my support ticket, just a few minutes ago. I have to delete some files, however, these files are needed for my website, just wondering how everybody else deals with such things.

I have installed a new phpbb forum on my second domain and the new forum folder I created is there and I was able to transfer/upload the templates/skins to the proper place. Problem solved.

Special Thanks to:

Bill
                          Vasili
                          Holly
                          BeeBrothers
                          Laura
                          Brad
                          Hank

Comment

If you have more than 2,000 files in your public directory, new files may not show up, even if they are there......
                            My solution was to open a NEW folder and republish parts of my website to this new folder.
                            It means changing some links, but now I can view ALL my files.

New pages are then published to this or any other folder.

I then went back to my public folder and deleted the redundant files.

One problem with BV is that, if you resize an object, bv creates another file when you republish.
                            This means that many objects/file/jpeg/ etc can be duplicated.......

BV is like a house, at times it needs a spring clean...................
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                            Newbies / Beginners Forum
                            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I don't follow you on that one, David......

BV will overwrite previously published pages (including the HTML ghosted pages), but how does that jibe with your statement that pages are duplicated entirely without association to previous versions?

If this were the case, wouldn't the size of the actual account (24000mb) not be as much of a concern as the file count?
                              >> For example: I can see 10,000 1kb files in a single VodaHost account without a problem, but 1000 30mb files would pose a challenge, correct??

Re-publishing pages (using the overwrite model) preserves associations without *******tion (evidenced by the need to refresh browsers to see the new "version"), and does not affect storage capacity unless the page (or associated elements on the page, like videos, etc.) is extremely large. Right?
                              Since forums and such are mostly a database resident, these utilities do not play in this discussion, I know.
                              BUT.....when it comes to shopping carts (which are dually database and directory resident) wouldn't this then be an issue for very large product-laden stores?? Product listings would be on the database, but large pages themselves, or many small pages (even in php) would trigger the same problem if your statement holds true, since pages are always ghosted in HTML.

Why then, is there a void with this information regarding the limitations of such set-ups?

Certainly, it would be considered crucial information to a properly chosen and installed shopping cart........I personally am struggling with trying to load more than 80,000 products efficiently, let alone deal with a potential crisis down the road.....

And, more disturbing.....if this User functionality is interruptable (account storage being exceeded), why is there no advisement from Billing prior to being "shut down" or hitting the wall?? There are such efforts automatically generated for Band allotments, but none for "storage" issues?
                              Hmmmm......

Comment

Working...
                              X