Does everybody actually know everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does everybody actually know everybody

I am just curious with all of this. Do you guys actually know or met each other or is it all just knowing one another from these threads?
    Some of you speak to each other like you have known one another for a long time or if you actually know each other personally.
    I have read some posts re getting together for party etc and just wondering what is the story with all of this. Sorry for being a sticky beak.
    Do you work for Blue Voda some of you, or is it that you are just like myself and get enjoyment in helping others. There are a certain few of you who I see assisting people all the time and I think surely they must work for the company but you do not have the vodahost tags next to your names. If you do not work for the company you guys sure do help people out alot and its great if you guys are just giving up all of your free time to help others. Sorry, know I have just written a book, people tell me I can talk under water!! Once i get going I just cannot stop!!
    Leanne
    Stinking hot Australia

Re: Does everybody actually know everybody

Leanne,
    We enjoy helping each other and learn quite a bit in doing so. Some may have met and I'm sure given time, a cup of tea in good company is always appreciated. Have fun in here.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Dunno about other folks, but people here I only know from here.
      But as far as knowing people pretty well, here is what I think.
      Getting to know someone through writing can create a more certain kind of knowing, as long as everyone is straight up about what they are saying. In person it is pretty easy to assume from body language, etc, but writing you have to be more specific about what you mean.
      And, here, since people are asking for help, or offering help, there might tend to be less posturing than on a personal site, for instance, because you have to be specific and clear to get a specific and clear answer, and if your answer is bogus, it becomes rapidly clear that you are not being truthful.. know what I mean?

Anyway, that's what I think. Have a fine day.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Leanne,
        I have never met any of my many friends in these forums, but I feel as if I know a lot about them from the posts and from the personal Emails that I receive from all around the world, you are included.

Did you get my last email?
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi Leanne,

It's a very large world wouldn't you say? As like any other forum that you may or may not be a member of, members visit to contribute to the discussions on the board. Voda's support forum holds the topic of interest of "website" building and you can be assured that nearly every member who has joined has that interest. What I find truly amazing, is the giving of knowledge and experience so freely, whether it's by asking a question or posting an answer, everyone is continuously learning, some even "how to teach". I must say too, that it is not just the knowledge of the Voda website builder tools that is shared - the knowledge goes far beyond this.
          Now that makes it pretty "special" here wouldn't you say?

Ways in which anyone may know anyone else personally here, would of course be, if they shared the same interest in site building and one showed the other the "Voda" way ... another way may be doing "business" together.

I'm of the opinion that this is a "safe" place in space. I would find hard to believe that anyone is lurking amongst this forum and has joined for any other reason than the above. Naturally, you'll have your spammers. So with this in mind, it's a great place to meet "True" people whether or not you ever meet in person. Isn't that what "on-line" friends are all about. You can see a little more about each person in the work they do and I am of the belief this could not be bogus.
          I don't see any BS on this forum, it's very user friendly and concisely stays on the topic. It's really nice to see the "Lounge" as an added feature where you can just chill out with the members, feeling a little more personal if I can say that, even though you have never actually met.

Now onto the party - Is it the Vodaliens thread you are referring to? If so, yes plenty of chat, whether or not any plans are further pursued is all up for discussion. There are a few anxious members who would like to put plans in action as a group, but who knows, will this ever happen?? Of course, as a member of this group yourself, you would be notified of any ideas put forth, and speaking of this, we are due to a meeting soon - one of our members has been working very hard to put some plans in place .... we'll be in touch.

Now just like "Barney" sings ... I love you, you love me, we're one happy family, with a rata tat a tat tat ... I think that's how it goes .... lol

Have fun!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

General VodaHost knows everything, can do anything, and 'generally' is everywhere at the same time!
            I am still stuck trying to spell my middle name..... LOL

Were it not for the peer-to-peer exchange provided in this Community, I would not have been capable of defining my online future. As LadyEye hinted, measurable progress and accurate assistance is immediately noticed and appreciated: anything less pretty much establishes a negative "reputation" that is rather hard to shake off.

"There's Magic in VodaLand"
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you to all of you, really appreciate you all answering my questions.
              And yes David I got your email - I have since sent you one back, as you probably have noticed I have spat the dummy!!! : )
              Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I was once someone who knew Jack SH**, who knew the basics of word, xcel, email etc the very basics. I am by all means not an expert but I feel I know alot more than I did. Still have a long way to go but feel more confident thanks to you guys.

Comment

Hi Willows: Well, ditto to what Ladyeye and Vasili and David said. I came to the forum about a year ago, looking for help in building a website. The more questions I asked, the more people helped me. Then to find the lounge area, where we can just have a little fun, aside from our webbuilding, was an added bonus.

I have not personally met any of the people on this forum. But I can honestly say, that I have met some great friends here...people that if I needed help, I could shoot an email to, or even post on the forum without fearing any BS. I am also fortunate enough to be able to do business away from the forum with many people I have met here and that to is an added bonus. I hope one day to actually meet a few of the friends I have met on line in this forum. This is the only forum I visit online. I wish I could be here more, but time just doesn't allow me to...so I just pop in and out.

I am especially struck by the time and talent my friends here in vodaland share with others to help them. I have never seen just generosity and sincere willingness to help. I try to help every now and then, but only if it's something I know a little about. I want to give back to this community more than I have received.

Have fun while your here!

P.S. Alot of threads in the lounge are made up, pretend, makebelieve....have you seen the cow thread? I don't know for sure, but my guess is that none of the people who have posted on that thread actually own a cow!! lol
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ah, someone doubts our ranching capabilities.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy......in fact (as Bill hinted), there are at least two of our esteemed peers that actually DO have cows (true characters themselves).......we will leave it up to you to figure out who among us is merely wishing aloud......

LOL!

Comment

Hey, I just found out about Vodaliens...Scary Stuff.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                        LOL
                        The only scary thing is not getting your ticket in time......I prefer to think as Boss, you would not want to sit near the rear cargo area nearest our cows (now THAT is a scary thought -- they get pretty rowdy on long trips!)

LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                          Hi Leanne,
                          I have never met any of my many friends in these forums, but I feel as if I know a lot about them from the posts and from the personal Emails that I receive from all around the world, you are included.

Did you get my last email?
                          David if going by a persons email or posts tells you alot about a person then you must think that I am an absolute air head!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost

lol General ....

Not to be frightened, your transformation and beaming up was harmless, you didn't feel a thing did you? I must say you are looking good!! As any vodalien should ....

welcome to the club!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I feel a bit of a grandma in this forum, having loitered around for about 18 months now! I have never met any one in person from this forum, but feel a lot of folks have become friends! Like others who have previously answered you, I know if I need help there are certain people I can call on, and who will give their help without question!

It's been so great seeing the forum grow - yet although there are many more members nowadays, it still feels small and friendly! I think it's a great compliment to everyone that the question had to be asked whether we knew each other before - shows how comfortable we are with each other!
                              Trish
                              www.Limebrook.com
                              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                              X