Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make upload section in BV

Dear member,

I try to make upload in BV , but i don't understand how ?
    Can someone give some explanation?

Thank you,
    Hendry
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Re: How to make upload section in BV

depends what you mean "make upload section" . If you mean make a page from where your visitors will be able to upload files on your site, then use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

depending on what you need to do with these uploads, you might also want to have additional security measures and storing of the visitor info and of the files in a database. If this is the case, you will need some more professional scripting. If you wish, you can contact me.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Mr.Naval,

I just want to make a simple upload file..
      In BV web builder, i found that upload button but when i press properties it's only show name T1, and no description where to put upload folder ?

hope you can help..
      Thanks
      GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

The upload field button in BV will only insert such a field in your form. You need a script that will receivt the form info and process it (among other, it will upload the file on your site). Please read the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor thread to see how you can do it.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Mr.Naval,
          I already installed , and finish it ..
          So what is to do next ?
          And how to use it ?

Thank you
          GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

Did you create a form on your site that has a "upload file" field ? If you did, follow the instructions on the ABVFP thread. The same instructions are also available in the PDF and Word files that were included in the zip.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Is it possible to put upload field without creating form in BV? Because i need to input upload field ,but no need information like name,email,etc.. just upload field only.. because i want to make this upload field, in member area, so they don't need to enter their data again.. And after the upload is succesfull ,it's will directly go to fe: upload_succes.html

Ooopss..Sorry for my stupid,Mr. Naval ..
              I forget that if we put upload field only without upload button ,that's will be impossible,right ? because there is only browse button in my page, so if i want to create the upload button, could you tell me how to do ?

Thank you so much for your help..
              GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

You neeed to have at least some details, otherwise you will not know who sent you the file. And, even if you don't put anything else, the upload filed it self should be part of a form. You CANNOT upload anything without a form.
                So, create a form, with at least the name of the member, and the upload field and a submit button.

If you have a members database (you have talked about member's area) then you could also create a custom script, that will include the member's details (without him filling in anything) by looking at the username and password he has used to loggin.

If you need someone to build such a script for you, contact me.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for your kind explanation..

Actually, this is what i am want to do:
                  1. i am created my member with a new folder in my public_html and i am protected that folder in control panel with user name and password for each member..
                  2. i am created page like price list, picture gallery, contact us, download section and upload section for each member

That's it ..that's what i want to do..
                  This website is for our sales marketing only,so they can upload a picture and download our price list..We better use folder cause we wants to make more clean and easy to see in Ftp..

If i am protect their folder in control panel, it is safety already?
                  or i better created member page in my folder ? which one is more safety?

Thanks in advance
                  GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

[quote=Hendry168]Thank you for your kind explanation..

Actually, this is what i am want to do:
                    1. i am created my member with a new folder in my public_html and i am protected that folder in control panel with user name and password for each member..

Ok.

2. i am created page like price list, picture gallery, contact us, download section and upload section for each member

Wow! and if you get to have 2000 members are you going to have 2000 folders, and in each of them 5 pages ? How will you ever be able to manage such a site ?

That's it ..that's what i want to do..
                    This website is for our sales marketing only,so they can upload a picture and download our price list..We better use folder cause we wants to make more clean and easy to see in Ftp..

A database would be a lot easier, functional and organised.

If i am protect their folder in control panel, it is safety already?
                    or i better created member page in my folder ? which one is more safety?

No difference, folder protection as well as loggin script protection are practically the same, regarding security. They both work with a database to allow or disallow entry.

However, i beleive that what you are doind is meaningless. What would be needed here is a database: They signup, providing their personal details, they upload their pictures also, and they can then have acess to the pricelist link. Whenevr they want, they can edit their details, change the pic etc. And, you have all of their data in a searchable database, for any purpose.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hmm.. U right.. how stupid i am :((
                      Even now my sales person only 5 person, who knows in the future my company would be bigger..right :)
                      I will follow your instruction and maybe i will ask you again if i have a problem, hope you not boring with me..

Anyway, in ABVFP when i click generate configuration file, why look like nothing happened ?
                      GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Hendry168
                        Hmm.. U right.. how stupid i am :((
                        Even now my sales person only 5 person, who knows in the future my company would be bigger..right :)
                        I will follow your instruction and maybe i will ask you again if i have a problem, hope you not boring with me..

Anyway, in ABVFP when i click generate configuration file, why look like nothing happened ?
                        Because you have probably NOT logged in. You first loggin with the username that you have used for this page, then you can go on and fill in the fields to generate the config file.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X