• help with links and forms

Hi there
    iwill try and explain very simply

1. designed and saved index page
    2. designed and saved resume page
    3. did the links
    published to see if it was working
    4. yes it was linkning everything was fine
    5. noticed i had made a mistake on the resume page so i changed it saved it and published it
    6. did the new links etc
    7. did the same with index page
    8. opened in preview index page, clicked on resume page, everything was ok the new page was there
    9. clicked on home page (from resume new)
    10. went to home page
    11. clicked on resume page
    12. went to resume page but the old version not the new one and i cannot get rid of the html link

it was originally e-resume.html
    then i changed it to resume.html
    even deleted the http e-rsume in control panel but i cannot get rid of this old page please help driving me crazy

second problem

forms
    i have made a form on resume page but when i preview it and submit the information nothing happens even though i have set up my e-mail .

is it because i am not up and running on the net yet it is a new account activated today
    thanks
    james

my website
    www.webbandromicproductions.com HELP ME PLEASE AS SOON AS YOU CAN

Re: help with links and forms

James,
    Welcome.
    Your site shows up fine. There are some things you might want to fix, such as titles and centering, if you were able to publish, your account is up and running.
    Hit refresh F5, several times, or from any page in IE6 go to Tools > Options > Delete files (off-line too). this will clear cache. I like deleting cookies and history too.
    Double check the form, you may have missed a link.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Your form setup is wrong.

1.You have the "Action" set to info@??????dromicproductions.com which is wrong. It should at least be

mailto: info@??????dromicproductions.com . You have misssed the " mailto: "

2. The action has been set to "GET" . It must be "POST"

3. The encoding type is "Multipart/form data" . That would be ok if the action was sending to some php script, but not if the action is set to mailto, as in your case.

Please note that the "mailto:" method WILL NOT WORK for most of your visitors. Please read BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 . Then if you wish, have a look at ths multifeatured Form Processor: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there
        thanks for the help
        i think its because i have been sat here for so many hours i am missing the small details.
        I will try not to be such a kretin in the future.

i will try the form downlaod and see how i get on with that .. you never know you might see another help letter(hope not)

and finally it is cleared and working right i did hit it 10 times before and cleared but nothng happened now it is ok
        thanks

Comment

hi there
          well i have no clue again
          i printed everything did everything i think and still get an error page when sending an email i just dont get it i have never felt so stupid !!! please have a look and see what i have done wrong this time
          many thanks
          your annoying first time website person

www.webbandromicproductions.com

Comment

hi again
            i just get this message everytime
            HTTP 404 - File not found
            internet explorer

Comment

Verify that you have named and published it correctly. if you moved the file or skipped a letter it will not show.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Seems like most of the files are not published / uploaded. I have not found the thankyou_page.html (unless you have named it something else), nor ndadminconfirm. Didn't find abvfp.php, nor ndadmin1.php. Please read again the tutorial, or ask for installation.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i can assure you that i have piblished the files
                  asi sat here and saved each one and published each ine and ticked them off ob the piece of papaer
                  thank you page is now contactformerrorpage
                  the rest are all there i just checked and publishes them again
                  and went to file manager and pressed upload and did the otherfiles .. to be told this file is already uploaded

so i really dont get it
                  thansk for your help though

Comment

Please click on the following links:

http://www.webbandromicproductions.com/abvfp.php

http://www.webbandromicproductions.com/ndconfirm.html

http://www.webbandromicproductions.com/ndadmin1.php

http://www.webbandromicproductions.c...ontactform.php

The last one is the config file that should have been created if you have run the ndadmin.php script.

None of them is there, i don't know why, but they simply are not there.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi
                      Can anyone help with a php form problem?
                      I've published the bookingform _(action.php ) and I've created a response form ( also action.php ). When the form is filled in I get this message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@' in /home/jnkahvi/public_html/action.php on line 92

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
                      Crouquet
                      www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Only if ypu publish here your php script we will be able to help.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

i just copied what was in my uploaded files it is there or is it in te worng place

700755.755.7007557507557507557500 k06440 k06440 k0644.contactemail0 k06440 k06440 k06000 k06000 k0644abvfp.php12 k0644ndadmin1.php3 k0644ndadminhelp.bvp20 k0644

Comment

hi there this is the message i get now when i try to send something via my form
                            Warning: file_get_contents(config_contactform.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vdgimaab/public_html/abvfp.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vdgimaab/public_html/abvfp.php:32) in /home/vdgimaab/public_html/abvfp.php on line 304

what does this mean probably something very simple

Comment

Yes, this is saying that the file config_contactform.php doesn't exist. This is the file that is created when you run the ndadmin.php in order to setup your form. Did you actually run ndadmin.php ?

Regarding the where the files are, i cannot see, from what you have posted here, where they are. They should be in your "public_html" However, now they seem to be there. So, type http://www.webbandromicproductions.com/abvfp.php

in your browser, and fill in the form. At the end, click on "Generate Configuration File)

However you must somehow have altered the page, before publishing, because the two buttons are covered by the help frame.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X