PHP + Mysql Tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP + Mysql Tutorial?

Hello there, I am seeing there there is a php / form tutorial that runs the process and steps to make your first php script. ( The emailer as I can recall ) Is there a php / mysql tutorial out there?

Created a database with table and fields needed.
    simple 3 field table.
    Form to input fields
    php script to grab fields
    NOW my problem-> how to insert into table

Now the php part of it on how to sync up to the table and update table with fields is a different matter. This would be my first database involved script and I could use help on what to do.
    Thanks,
    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
    mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Re: PHP + Mysql Tutorial?

Well, that's a rather long way. It's not difficult, but (in my opinion) it only has sense if you are going to use these scripts proffessionaly.

Please also note that creating a featured Admin script for the database administration implies lots of work, and involves a great deal of security issues. If you want, however, to see such a script, visit http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/formexamples2.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am looking at using this for contacts / schedules for the business. If there is another way of making it happen, I am open to it.

Either way, I would still like to know if there are tutorials for future programming between php and db.
      Thanks,
      Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

No, no other way. You either build it yourself, or commission someone that already is doing this job, to do it for you. For someone that makes this professionaly, and has the necessary tools, the cost will be lower than the cost of time you will need to learn and do it yourself. Your choice.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

True it would be faster and probably cheaper. But, I will continue to use someone else's services to create a new dB or table or php script. I don't like that option. I am one who is changing things and will probably settle at a month at a time.. lol.. Then back at changing things again :)

so, learning is what I would like to do.

I am not sure, but a script that I can look at the code. This will help me to understand the logic and also the commands into talking to a mysql db. Would this be possible?

hmm..
          Thanks,
          Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

In three days the new ABVFP will be officially launched. It will, among other features, store values in a database. When ready, you simply download and examine the code (php). Or simply use it.....
            Navaldesign

Comment

Good News! Thanks for the help.
              Thanks,
              Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
              X