Trying step by step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying step by step

1-I have made what looks like a home /first page using a bv template.
    2-I do not understand the target ref: _blank,_sell, _parent, or _ top in the navigation panel
    3-Navigation buttons: I used my domain, http://www.geniehomeproducts.com/home.html , is this right?
    4-Also made other buttons the same way for next pages ex: http://ww.geniehomeproducts.com/order Am I right so far?
    5-If I have this right how do I continue to build other pages of site?
    Do they have what you call other domains or sub domains and how to do this.?
    6-Next 3-6 pages will be for misc products. Do I need to create the ecommerce site for these?
    7- I have looked at tutorials,videos and read all I could find on the BV site and forums but still this is not as simple (30 mins)as made out to be for a greenhorn,as I have been doing this 3 weeks now. Why can't an actual " take you by the hand" manual be available for those of us that are NOT gurus in web building?
    The videos are nice but they don't do this. They assume everyone knows the drill. Sorry to be so blunt but I'm desperate to get this done. Christmas is coming and I need to be online with my goodies by October.
    Hope someone can help. Frustrated old geezer (79) and thanks much.

Please STOP EVERYHING and read the below...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=665

I do not mean just glance over it. I mean really read it!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No offense but I have done so several times and printed it to read again but the sopecific steps are not there for a person not versed in doing this . I am a "nuts and bolts" type that can build anything but not witout a blueprint. Maybe if I had answers to the above questions it might help and I can figure it out.
      Thanks

Comment

Listen mate, all the information you need is in the tutorials or the forum.
        I do mean EVERYTHING. Most people who claim to watch the tutorials just
        skim through them.

Please watch them again all your questions are answered in them.

There is no such thing as a take you by the hand manual in web design.
        Since you a nuts and bolts type of guy what you have to do is....

a) learn how your tools work
        b) plan your work and work your plan

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

One more time please *****. As you say all the info needed is in your videos,tutorials , then why can't I get an answer to the questions I asked to help me when looking and reading all of the above? These are techncal references in builder which someone like me is not privilaged to know as a beginner. I have read all many times and go back and forth to tutorials and forum and every thing on the site repeatedly as I do it.
          I would be thrilled to death to be able to do A and B!
          I don't mean to be difficult, but I have tried several builders and found yours to be what I deemed the best for me to do. Thanks for your patience. Al

Comment

Just to afirm that I have gone over all that we discussed and I have printed a manual to accompany the tutorials by viewing and printing each page as it came up and added the comments. I will continue by using it to not have to click back and forth with any questions at each step. Hopefully this will work and since I have the first page I may need help in starting the next pages. Thank you for indulging me through all this.

Comment

seems like you're building a complex site which is why the 30min websit builder theory doesnt seem to be working with you. What you want to build may require more than just simple BV knowledge. You may even need to know how to implement scripts etc etc.

You want to be selling things on your website etc. Have you browsed the tutorial on Fantastico? If so you may want to browse through the sites Fantastico recommend. i.e. cubecart or OS-Commerce etc for shopping basket tools.

ALSO please note that your first page must ALWAYS be saved as index.bvp you can title your page as "home" but make sure you save it as index.bvp before you pubish your site.
              Anyway subsequent pages can be created by going to File > New Page > From Template...

Also sometimes if you feel you can not find what you're looking for in the tutorials it may be that you query is generic and not necessarily BV related. e.g. _blank, _parent,_self etc (these are known as "targets") type these in google.com and browse through web related sites for your answers. I could explain this to you but its also good for you to get to know so you understand it better.

Good luck!
              Ruth

http://www.okose.com
              Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Well thank you Ruthie, I really apreciate your advice. I'll try to do as you say and maybe finally get going.

Comment

Working...
                X