Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirects

Hi,

I want to redirect my newest site >>> www.bubbeesbeads.COM *TO* my original site >>>www.bubbeesbeads.ORG
    However when I click on redirect, the ORG site is always first
    How do I make the .COM site first so that it goes to the .ORG site and the redirect accomplished?
    Thx
    Mindy

Re: redirects

Originally posted by bubbee21
    Hi,

I want to redirect my newest site >>> www.bubbeesbeads.COM *TO* my original site >>>www.bubbeesbeads.ORG
    However when I click on redirect, the ORG site is always first
    How do I make the .COM site first so that it goes to the .ORG site and the redirect accomplished?
    Thx
    Mindy
    Hi, Mindy!

Just click on the little arrow on the edge of the input box and a drop menu will appear. Choose the one you want and then do the same with the other box.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda, I'll give it a try :))

Comment

Hi again,

Following is what I see in the redirect box.

( Temporary Permanent)

Remove Redirect:

Current Redirects
        Nothing happens when I click on the red arrows... Is there another place which you are referring to? Thx Mindy

Comment

Bubee,
          let me see if i have understood well: you want the .com site to be redirected to the org one ? so if a visitor types in his browser www.bubbeesbeads.COM

he goes straight to www.bubbeesbeads.ORG ?

If yes, then you can either do it in your CP, OR, using this small trick:

How to Redirect & Cloak a url
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval, However, I'm kinda thick..........which site do I post the blank page to? .com? .org? or both ??? Thx Mindy

Comment

in the .com index page
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi NavalI followed instructions to the letter.......saved the blank page to the .com site (should I have saved it to .com/index.html???) and changed abc to the .org site...when i typed the .com site on the se (optonline) It brought up the .com page. as it did before.thx

Comment

The blank page must be saved as "index" and then published in your .com site
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Again,I did what you said, and totally lost the index.com page. Had to change everything again from the .org page to make it the .com page. Do you mean to put the insert onto the index.com page and not an empty page?

Comment

bubbee, it's the same. Either you make it a blank page, or a real page, since there is the redirect code, it will immediately redirct to the org. site. You must be doing something wrong. Please send me your IP address, username and password, i will fix it for you.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

PLEASE, don't touch anything, YOU HAVE MADE it !!
                        Navaldesign

Comment

I HAVE??? well waddayano! Thx Nav, altho I really can't believe it. I'm gonna check it out and if it works, gonna thro a party. Wanna come?
                          Martinis for all.........:)) Mindy

Comment

WHOOOPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it works!

Thank you sooooooo much. I have been struggling with this for over a week. You are an absolute doll Thanks again.

xoxo Mindy

Comment

I have a website in Blue Voda and need some help on redirect also. When I open the redirect and click on the arrow nothing happens. Our company purchased a domain name through Yahoo. I want that domain to redirect to my blue voda website.

Comment

Working...
                              X