Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Rollcage freaks out there? lol

Hey all,

I suppose I should be posting this in some gaming forum... but after downloading the game ROLLCAGE from the net (for $5!! lol) - all 200 Mb of it, I was wondering if anyone else was hooked on this game??

Yes, i know, it's sad that a 40 something man is hooked on a computer game... lol.

For those who dont know, Rollcage is a car racing game, but with a difference: the cars are indestructable (sp?) and you race in all sorts of landscapes: cityscapes; beach/Monte Carlo type things; fiery volcanic places... you name it.

It's also a bit science fiction with the 'wormholes', rockets, time warps and so on... check this excerpt from the website I downloaded it off of:

"This isn't the first racing game that puts you behind the wheel of an armed vehicle, but Rollcage stands apart from the pack in several ways. Most racing games - even ones where you're shooting at other drivers - put a premium on keeping your car on the track as much as possible. In Rollcage, on the other hand, you can not only bounce and flip and always land wheel-side down, but you also can drive along walls and even on tunnel ceilings. You might wonder just why you'd bother doing that, but sometimes it's the best way to pass an opponent, as well as the only way to grab certain power-ups. Then there's the whole notion of collisions. Sure, they slow you down, but hit the right object - a column supporting a building, for instance - and you'll be long gone as your opponent either gets buried in debris or runs smack-dab into a smoking heap of rubble.

For those who want to check it out, the website is at: http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/.../rollcage.html

It never seemed to catch on and the original creators have long since done something else... but I tried other car race games and never liked them.

I hear there is a RC II but have only sampled the demo version of that...

RC rocks! Anyone else know of it or is a RC freak too? LOL!!

cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com
Working...
X