Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with a camera

Hey guys.

I was wondering if anyone had a Canon EOS 400D digital SLR?
    I have one and all my photos come out **** with it. (Blurry) Seriously, looks like I have taken them with my mobile. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem? Yes it may be me, but I looked on the Internet and it seems some people are having the same problem. Anyone here I could talk to about it? I bought it to a shop and I think the guy just thought I was a total loser wasting his time. So I really need some help.

Thanks in advance.

Teri

Re: Need some help with a camera

Couple of things to watch out for are! Don’t hold your finger on the button before taking a shot. A lot of digital cameras have a focus freeze & a light metering facility. So If you go up the a object & hold the button half way down, depending on how the camera is set, this will either freeze the light meter settings & on some cameras freeze the focuses.
    Some cameras also have the facility for you to change the focusing area or spot. Most are set at centre, but have a look at the manual to check this.
    Always a good stating point is to reset the camera to the default settings & go from there.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Teri

Here is a good review of your camera ...
      as well as lots of tips, tricks, etc., and a forum to ask questions, etc., you'll find more help there I think.

However, try using a tr****, you may just not be holding the camera steady enough, that takes some practice.... and choose automatic setting for now too ... play with the other things as you learn more ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye- even on the tr**** its the same. I will check out the website. Thanks for that!

Chris- I have changed the focus points and still comes out the same. One thing I do is press the button half way down.. I dont know if that is the problem.. I will try it out now.

Thanks for the replys guys!

Teri

Comment

Hey - I got that camera for christmas! Haven't over used it so far, but am very pleased with the pics I have taken.

Used it at ISO 1600 to take low light pictures - when the subject was still they were fine, but when the subject moved they were a bit blurry, but it was pretty dark in there.

In daylight the pics are absolutely fine.

Did you get the chap in the shop to try it? Did he have the same problem? I would persevere as you might have a rogue camera.
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hey Trish, thanks for the reply.

The guy in the shop didnt take a pic, he just kept focusing on objects and said it seems to be doing what its meant to. I dont know, maybe its just me expecting it to preform better than what it does. But I have an even that I will be the photographer for in march and if this problem (whether its me or the camera) does not get sorted, then they will be getting **** pics. How does your camera preform on the portrait setting?

Comment

Just tried out the portrait setting - ***** as anything. Reckon you might have a dodgey camera there mate. Email me if you want me to send you some sample shots to compare!
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I think I will take you up on that! Really appreciate this!

Teri

Ps How shall I go about emailing you?

Comment

email info@limebrook.com

Cheers
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info