Time to Get UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Get UP!

There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that is "UP."

It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP? At a meeting, why does a topic come UP? Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election and why is itUP to the secretary to write UP a report?

We call UP our friends. And we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and some guys fix UP the old car. At other times the little word has real special meaning. People stir UPtrouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses. To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP. We openUP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night.

We seem to be pretty mixed
    UP about UP! To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4th of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions. If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more. When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP. When the sun comes out we say it is clearingUP

When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things UP.

When it doesn't rain for awhile, things dry UP.

One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP
    , for now my time is UP , so........... it is time to shut UP.....!

Oh . one more thing:

What is the first thing you do in the morning & the last thing you do at night?

U-P

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Time to Get UP!

Originally posted by LadyEye
    There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that is "UP."

It's easy to understand UP
    , meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP? At a meeting, why does a topic come UP? Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election and why is itUP to the secretary to write UP a report?

We call UP our friends. And we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and some guys fix UP the old car. At other times the little word has real special meaning. People stir UPtrouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses. To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP. We openUP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night.

We seem to be pretty mixed
    UP about UP! To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4th of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions. If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more. When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP. When the sun comes out we say it is clearingUP

When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things UP.

When it doesn't rain for awhile, things dry UP.

One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP
    , for now my time is UP , so........... it is time to shut UP.....!

Oh . one more thing:

What is the first thing you do in the morning & the last thing you do at night?

U-P

Nice one my dear 2nd in COMMAND......LOL
    Very confusing this UP word isn't it?......we wonder what the English were UP to when they UPdated their vocabulary......and they still use many more UP's ......lol
    And so early in the morning and late at night you still U-P.........roflmao

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
    Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
    www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

LOL. Wake up. To many innuendos for the last thing at night (UP).

See how many things you can make UP for the opposite word, DOWN.
      Like? My computers gone down.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
        LOL. Wake up. To many innuendos for the last thing at night (UP).

See how many things you can make UP for the opposite word, DOWN.
        Like? My computers gone down.
        Ho yeah my dear 2nd in COMMAND I agree with Collectors-Info.......that should keep you busy going for a while......LOL.....and when you finnish......

What about with both?......lol
        UPside down

Have fun.....eh eh eh eh eh waiting to see.......paciently..... lmao

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
        Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

Comment

Originally posted by Astraltraveller
          Ho yeah my dear 2nd in COMMAND I agree with Collectors-Info.......that should keep you busy going for a while......LOL.....and when you finnish......

What about with both?......lol
          UPside down

Have fun.....eh eh eh eh eh waiting to see.......paciently..... lmao
          LOL. Now we are getting into yo-yo territory.
          But on the up/down? Do we all live on hills? As I am sure most of us go down to the shops, or down town.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

LOL. Now we are getting into yo-yo territory.
            But on the up/down? Do we all live on hills? As I am sure most of us go down to the shops, or down town.
            Even if downtown is actually up the hill......lol

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)

Comment

hmmm Where is LadyEye is she up or down?

Is there an upside, downside or flipside to being up or down?

Downtown?

There is also an Uptown & Motown, Toytown plus Smalltown, Bigtown......

hmmm

Down the way, downstream, down and out, down to business, down & around, downwind, down South, downtime..........reversal Up the way, Upstream, Up and at em, Up to no good, Up & about, Upwind, Up North, & Uptime.

Down VS Up = gravity

Comment

Great one Holly!! Love it. Thanks to all of you...now I'm going to be UPstairs all day thinking about the word UP and DOWN. Funning...I live in Colorado Springs which is South of Denver, so everyone always says their going UP to Denver or DOWN to Colorado Springs. Actually Colorado Springs is higher in elevation than Denver, so we actually go DOWN to Denver and UP to Colorado Springs. That will never happen...lol
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

lol ....... lmao in fact ....

In fact as I go down the list I seem to get up.

Okay .... let's see

Are they really down down under?
                  Do you get down off a duck or just get down off an elephant?
                  Why do you duck down to go down?
                  Are we all down when we are down town.
                  I think I'll just bow down out of this as I think I'm getting down. lol

Me tinks my list is a downer .... lol

Funny though ...........

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It's good to see you ladies going Up and Down thing of what else to say.....lmao

I'm going Up to my ship and be back Down in a little while....lol

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)

Comment

Originally posted by Astraltraveller
                      It's good to see you ladies going Up and Down thing of what else to say.....lmao

I'm going Up to my ship and be back Down in a little while....lol
                      lol ManAlien

Well when you go up, be sure to leave that face up there, cause he is a downer down here .... lmao

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                        lol ManAlien

Well when you go up, be sure to leave that face up there, cause he is a downer down here .... lmao
                        I did ......YOU see.....lol

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)

Comment

Don't you feel better now ... I know you're looking better, lol ...

omg ... we are Crazzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy aren't we .... lol

Eye See You Better Now!!

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

1. Why is there a downright, yet no Downleft
                            2. How can it be up to someone to do something? Yet it can also be down to someone to do the same thing.
                            3. Why do we refer to Australians as living down under, yet the Brits are not up over. And If you live on the equator, what phrase would you use.
                            4. Astraltraveller! When you leave earth. Which way is up & down. Come to think of it! Which way is N/S/E & west.
                            5. Why if you are on a downer, nobody wants to know. But if you’re on an upper you get arrested.
                            6. You can have top/left/right/down & upside. But no bottom side? Why!
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

1. Why is there a downright, yet no Downleft
                              2. How can it be up to someone to do something? Yet it can also be down to someone to do the same thing.
                              3. Why do we refer to Australians as living down under, yet the Brits are not up over. And If you live on the equator, what phrase would you use.
                              4. Astraltraveller! When you leave earth. Which way is up & down. Come to think of it! Which way is N/S/E & west.
                              5. Why if you are on a downer, nobody wants to know. But if you’re on an upper you get arrested.
                              6. You can have top/left/right/down & upside. But no bottom side? Why!

lol Chris ... Now that's just Downright bodacious ... lol ... you brought me back Up ... lol How did you manage to get right Down to what's Up?? lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X