Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.k I am going to try the impossible, help me along.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.k I am going to try the impossible, help me along.

O.k I am going to try and keep of the alcohol for 3 months. Since working from home I spend far too much time down the pub/bar. I have never been a massive fan of drink but recently I seem to have over indulged and it is making me more tired and lethargic and all the other horrible things that go with too much beer.

Well I want to get fit again, lose a few pounds and show myself I have the willpower to do it. I wanted to say it on here as I want people to make sure I don't become tempted, so keep kicking my butt.

Ill keep you posted.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: O.k I am going to try the impossible, help me along.

Paul,
    Good Luck with that, well it is not a matter of luck ..It is a choice you make each day.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hey Paul.
      Good luck man. With you all the way! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you!
      Regards
      Teri

Comment

Good luck and keep up the resolve - one day at a time as the saying goes. alcohol is very sneaky and easy to let in
        Ann
        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Paul,
          Good Luck with that, well it is not a matter of luck ..It is a choice you make each day.
          Very true, I always seem to have low willpower and get mad at myself for saying things and never following them through. This time I am determined to do it. I will fill my time with other things.

Hey Paul.
          Good luck man. With you all the way! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you!
          Regards
          Teri
          Thanks Teri, You could do something if you remember, ask me each monday if I have laid of for the week, I do so******e a lot and temptation is going to be around every corner, but I really want to show myself i have the willpower.

Good luck and keep up the resolve - one day at a time as the saying goes. alcohol is very sneaky and easy to let in
          Yes true, I dont drink more days than I used to, maybe 3 times a week, but the amount is the problem, too much time on my hands and I go out earlier. I just don't want to feel these horrible hangovers anymore.

Thanks for answering all, means a lot, I wont let you down : )
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Paul- Thats fine mate. I will do that for you! You could try non alcoholic beer? (doubt they serve that in the pub) but yeah lol.
            You can do it!! woo!

Comment

I know you can do it! You've battled far more difficult things when you were in your depression!

Now, I wouldn't want to see you not have your social hour. Those are important. But find a way to not drink - the non-alcoholic variety - or stick with tonic and lime. It might not sound so good - but the time spent with friends is what makes it worth it.

I'm with you all the way.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

You got just take small steps at a time where learning about this kind of stuff in health class only it is about food. Just try and eliminate a 1 beer a day and untill you can get to one or none.

If your like me you don't do it and you won't it is easy to keep away.

D.A.R.E

I have been offered to drink and smoke and people bugging me to try it and i just say no. I won't do it i don't care what people say.

Proud to say i have never drank, tried to drink, or smoked in my life i am 15 and i still got a while to go but i am planning on staying like this.
                http://www.rampshack.com
                Sliced/Coded/Manged
                Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

Karel you got this i know you can do it i have faith in you just like i have faith in the new vodahost customers to make a new website with bluevoda just takes patience and if you want are health class gives us links on all of this stuff maybe something will be helpful just tell me.
                  http://www.rampshack.com
                  Sliced/Coded/Manged
                  Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

Karel: Lot's of support for you here. Here is what I'd like to see you do. When you find you have time on your hands and would normally go to the pub early, instead come back here...yes right here to this thread and post. Type what your feeling, how your dealing with it and why this is better than going out and having a drink. And just think...we don't give you hangovers...do we? lol You can do it. But you will need to come here and talk to us...ok?
                    Cindy

P.S. jOsh710...way to go!!! At 15 you keep up that great attitude! I am amazed at how mature so many of our young people are these days!!
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I know you can do it! You've battled far more difficult things when you were in your depression!

Now, I wouldn't want to see you not have your social hour. Those are important. But find a way to not drink - the non-alcoholic variety - or stick with tonic and lime. It might not sound so good - but the time spent with friends is what makes it worth it.

I'm with you all the way.
                      Thank you Beth, half the problem is what I went through I suppose. I had a really hard time, truly awful. I came through it, helped others, wrote the book etc...I am now in some sort of catch up at times I think, trying to make up for all those lost years. I love my life now, but it does not have to be through beer, thanks for your words of support.

I have been offered to drink and smoke and people bugging me to try it and i just say no. I won't do it i don't care what people say.

Proud to say i have never drank, tried to drink, or smoked in my life i am 15 and i still got a while to go but i am planning on staying like this.
                      Well done Josh, very hard when you are young. I have always had little willpower that way, this is why i am trying this challenge. I may realise how much better things are and not go back, or if I do, cut right down and just enjoy the odd drink now and again. i am going to get things to fill my time that I enjoy, so the boredom/pub cycle stops.

Karel: Lot's of support for you here. Here is what I'd like to see you do. When you find you have time on your hands and would normally go to the pub early, instead come back here...yes right here to this thread and post. Type what your feeling, how your dealing with it and why this is better than going out and having a drink. And just think...we don't give you hangovers...do we? lol You can do it. But you will need to come here and talk to us...ok?
                      Cindy
                      Thats a very good idea Cindy, I will do this. I keep thinking oh my dads birthday dinner, the gig at the pub in a week, fridays night out etc. But coming on here has made me stronger, I will keep you posted and if tempted I will post.

Heres to a drink free 3 months

Thanks everyone.

Paul
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Hey Karel

Cindy gives some great advice there, and Terri will keep you on your toes weekly ... all good things ...

But, the first think I recognize is your heading ...

"OK I am goiing to try the impossible, help me along"

My advice ... take that word right out of your dictionary and your vocabulary ... as Choco pointed out, it's all about choices ...

I also would encourage you if you need medical help to please seek this. Alcohol withdrawal can have very serious effects on you. I do not know if you have alcoholic symptoms or merely want to get off of your binging you do ... so please if your body needs help, seek that help.

As with everything around here, there is plenty of support for you ...

One hour at a time, and on you go!! Congratulations on making this decision, you have so many things to look forward to, beating this will only make you "shine"!! Go Paul Go!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Paul,

I happen to LOVE BEER, so I will do it with you! Lets post here everyday and be honest about last night. Want too!
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

I also would encourage you if you need medical help to please seek this. Alcohol withdrawal can have very serious effects on you. I do not know if you have alcoholic symptoms or merely want to get off of your binging you do ... so please if your body needs help, seek that help.
                            Holly honest there is no problem, I don't love drinking enough for that. What has been happening is that I have been going out early, drinking far too much, coming home with fast food, then maybe playing poker until 4 in the morning and drinking some more. The next day is a total write off. I think it is also because I work from home and know I don't have to get up in a morning. I have said time and time again that I am no longer going to do it or cut down. Well I have broken this promise a few times. So I want to prove to myself that I do have some will power. I want to lose a bit of weight and get fit. I have been doing plenty of good things fitness wise recently but all the hard work is being undone through drinking too much.

So I want to prove a few things to myself and show i have some willpower, lose a few pounds, feel healthy and show that I can do this. It is very hard as most of my social life is around drinking. But I am going to do this and not let myself down. the money I save is going towards a new stereo system.

Hi Paul,

I happen to LOVE BEER, so I will do it with you! Lets post here everyday and be honest about last night. Want too!
                            Schajin way to go, if you want to join me lets do it. Do as I do and treat yourself to something with the money you save. I am going out for a valentines meal tonight and my partner said why not wait until after then, I said NO, the old me would have. I have started and for the first time ever I am going to drink coke with my meal. No more hangovers bliss. I am going to post at the weekend as that is the real test. But keep me updated as much as you can and lets help and encourage each other. Anyone else on board are welcome.

Paul
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

OK, I'm good how about you?
                              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                              X